Football Pool - Week 15

LordStanley

I know nothing
SO far, my season of picks has flowed right along with the Eagles. When they were doing well, I was doing well. Once they started to flop, I sunk fast. They're doing well and fighting for a playoff spot...so am I.

Personally, I don't think the Eagles nor I, will see the playoffs this year. They MIGHT squeak past the Redskins, I just don't see McNabb keeping it together for the Cowboys. They were embarrassingly horrible last night in the Redzone. Dallas will chew them up if The Eagles allow that kind of play then. Unreal to see stuff like that from a Playoff contender in week 15.

I still think the eagles were toying with them... Winning 50+ to 10 isnt proving anything. Although I cant stand the wildcat offense, I cant fault the eagles for trying a few trick plays when they are in a commanding lead....

The skins and Dallas will be tougher, but the eagles looking better after McNabbs benching...

BuddyLee

Football addict
Amazing how the second place person in the East has the most points out of anyone in any other league besides the first place finisher in the East.:lol:

BuddyLee

Football addict
Otter said:
Top 2 in each division go to playoffs, seeded by record..ie #1 record plays #8. In the case of ties for seeding, whoever had the better record in week 1 gets the spot, or if still tied, week 2..and so on. The playoffs will be a little different . You will use the spread plus over/unders, plus you will pick according to you think is the best pick, 2nd best pick., etc..Example –

So, would Firebrand and I be the #1 and #2 seed since we currently have the most points?

Or...

Would the second place finisher in each division wind up with a lower seed?

Rael

Supper's Ready
Week 15 History rep.

Attachments

• 2008 Week 15.jpg
    2008 Week 15.jpg
    211.9 KB · Views: 24

Otter

Nothing to see here
So, would Firebrand and I be the #1 and #2 seed since we currently have the most points?

Or...

Would the second place finisher in each division wind up with a lower seed?

Divison winners seeded by points..(1-4), 2nd place seeded by pts..(5-8)..2nd place, no matter the points, can't be seeded higher than 5th...sucks, don't it? :lol:

gumbo

FIGHT CLUB !
Week 15 History rep.

This proves it.. hitting your 5 pointer isn't everything.

I'm 25 points behind Firebrand and 21 points behind BuddyLee.

And from what I can tell, the three of us have the best average of hitting the 5 point game.

Rael

Supper's Ready
Thanks Rael ! :yay: :cheers:
2 raw picks above the pack as we wind down the last two weeks...55% overall. :notworthy: :lol:
This proves it.. hitting your 5 pointer isn't everything.

I'm 25 points behind Firebrand and 21 points behind BuddyLee.

And from what I can tell, the three of us have the best average of hitting the 5 point game.
10 times for each of you hitting 5, you're right. That's where the raw picks come in. 55% vs 45% is a huge difference over 225 games. It's 25 points. :buddies:

BuddyLee

Football addict
Divison winners seeded by points..(1-4), 2nd place seeded by pts..(5-8)..2nd place, no matter the points, can't be seeded higher than 5th...sucks, don't it? :lol:
That's what I thought. Just like the NFL does it.

I just wanted to be certain.:lol:

BuddyLee

Football addict
But..it's head to head in the playoffs, you just have to beat who you're playing..so it's really a crapshoot.
Yup. Just like fantasy football. I won most of my games in one league and lost in the first round to a 6th seed.:ohwell: