Football Pool - Week 4

OldHillcrestGuy

Im glad thurley42 and Ponytail are doing so badly today. :killingme We are in the same division, we are making it easy for Buddy Lee to get out of last place.:buddies:

BuddyLee

Football addict
Another craptastic week.

I know I won't be using the Seahawks as my 5 pointer. Too inconsistent. Beat the Chargers, lose to the Rams.

F

forceofnature

Can you believe how bad Chicago and NY Giants offense teams are playing right now.... At least they have decent defense teams. NY seems to have the upper hand.

Rael

Supper's Ready
Can you believe how bad Chicago and NY Giants offense teams are playing right now.... At least they have decent defense teams. NY seems to have the upper hand.

Well, maybe. But not by much, if at all. One good Bears play either side of the ball and that changes. I'm beginning to believe the high Giants' sack count in the first half is all Cutler just waiting to be sacked. How can he wait that long every time? Sheesh.

F

forceofnature

I'm beginning to believe the high Giants' sack count in the first half is all Cutler just waiting to be sacked. How can he wait that long every time? Sheesh.

Very True, he looks mentally broken. Hope he snaps out of it.

BuddyLee

Football addict
Well, maybe. But not by much, if at all. One good Bears play either side of the ball and that changes. I'm beginning to believe the high Giants' sack count in the first half is all Cutler just waiting to be sacked. How can he wait that long every time? Sheesh.
It's not all on Cutler. It's partly the system and partly the players.

The system is Mike Martz'. His system is high risk, high reward. On ever team he's been with he's had the highest or second highest turnover/sack rate. However, big plays are often made. The trick is waiting for your receivers to get open down the field, which takes a lot of time.

Cutler has no legit #1 receiver, perhaps a bunch of #2's at best. Further complicating things, the Bears neglected their offensive line the last few years in the draft. This was in order to acquire Cutler and some other pieces on defense. You reap what you sew.

Last edited:

Rael

Supper's Ready
It's not all on Cutler. It's partly the system and partly the players.

The system is Mike Martz'. His system is high risk, high reward. On ever team he's been with he's had the highest or second highest turnover/sack rate. However, big plays are often made. The trick is waiting for your receivers to get open down the field, which takes a lot of time.

Cutler has no legit #1 receiver, perhaps a bunch of #2's at best. Further complicating things, the Bears neglected their offensive line the last few years in the draft. This was in order to acquire Cutler and some other pieces on defense. You reap what you sew.

Yeah, I hear ya. But just watching him waiting back there and getting sacked all of those times seemed more his lack of game to me. Throw it away, scramble, run, do something.

BuddyLee

Football addict
Yeah, I hear ya. But just watching him waiting back there and getting sacked all of those times seemed more his lack of game to me. Throw it away, scramble, run, do something.
I feel ya'.

Cutler in Denver and Cutler in this system = two different QB's.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
:lol:

I've seen a "week total of two" a few times in the past. Merlin's doing worse than you this week so far with 1 point. Still two games left. :buddies:
I'd like to thank you for pointing that out to the whole world. Anyone wanting a sure way to get their five pointer just has to look at my pick and do the exact opposite.

Ponytail

I'd like to thank you for pointing that out to the whole world. Anyone wanting a sure way to get their five pointer just has to look at my pick and do the exact opposite.

What Rael is saying is that you still had enough games as of last night, to pull out in front...of me. :lol:

Not sure where that stands right now, or how much comfort that would bring. :lol: By 4:45 yesterday afternoon, I had given up on my picks. Anyone that played the points this week made out VERY well. SO many upsets. Unbelievable week.

R

retiredweaxman

The sound you hear in the East Division is my picks crashing down!!!

Rael

Supper's Ready

:nono: You choose not to use the force, Luke. When this you do, your picks they will copy and paste.

Rael

Supper's Ready
Final scorecard for week 4 after the Pats routed the 'Phins...

2010 Week 4 Scorecard Patriots.jpg

:buddies:

edit: Correction continuation from Week 1 and Week 3 raw score errors for FireBrand and Rael. See previous weeks for details. Thank you, Tilted. :cheers:

Last edited: