For the jumpers, cross country and trail riders

persimmoncf

Persimmon Creek Farm
Southern Maryland Trail Riders (SMTR) is having our Fall Pleasure Ride at Skyview Farm in Loveville/Oakville on Sept. 16. Riders out at 11:00.

For those of you who havent had the opportunity to ride the hunters pace or hunt there, the trails and cross country jumps are a blast! :starcat:

I need a favor, please :flowers: can any of you that board/ride at our bigger barns in SOMd please copy the attached flier and post a couple on your barn board. Please respond and let me know if you can. Hard Hats are required for this ride.
http://www.smtr.org/trailrideflyer.html click and copy...please spread the word at your barns.

Sadielady

Ahhhh Florida!
persimmoncf said:
Southern Maryland Trail Riders (SMTR) is having our Fall Pleasure Ride at Skyview Farm in Loveville/Oakville on Sept. 16. Riders out at 11:00.

For those of you who havent had the opportunity to ride the hunters pace or hunt there, the trails and cross country jumps are a blast! :starcat:

I need a favor, please :flowers: can any of you that board/ride at our bigger barns in SOMd please copy the attached flier and post a couple on your barn board. Please respond and let me know if you can. Hard Hats are required for this ride.
http://www.smtr.org/trailrideflyer.html click and copy...please spread the word at your barns.
Will do. :huggy: Why does the 16th sound so familiar? Something is going on then. I will post it, I promise.

persimmoncf

Persimmon Creek Farm
Sadielady said:
Will do. :huggy: Why does the 16th sound so familiar? Something is going on then. I will post it, I promise.
Can I also inconvience you so much as to have a small stack at your movie night? :huggy:

Sadielady

Ahhhh Florida!
Sadielady said:
That thing made my printer print 4 pages of almost nothing and then the flyer. I have it though. Good night everyone.

Sadielady

Ahhhh Florida!
persimmoncf said:
Can I inconvience you so much as to have a small stack at your movie night? :huggy:
If you are coming you can hand them out. My printer did not like even printing the one. :lmao:

persimmoncf

Persimmon Creek Farm
Sadielady said:
That thing made my printer print 4 pages of almost nothing and then the flyer. I have it though. Good night everyone.

Oh well I quess a stack is out of the question then :lmao:

Sparks

This sounds like fun, especially if we can do some of the jumps.

Have to share this. :flowers: A friend and I went on SMTR ride a several years ago and the trail went throught this low boggy area and horses in front of us were sinking almost to their belly.:faint: The two of us turned around and went back, passing people along the way, "excuse us...... pardon me". They must have thought we were the BIGGEST Puzzies. :lmao: :lmao: It was kind of funny.

Sadielady

Ahhhh Florida!
Sparks said:

Have to share this. :flowers: A friend and I went on SMTR ride a several years ago and the trail went throught this low boggy area and horses in front of us were sinking almost to their belly.:faint: The two of us turned around and went back, passing people along the way, "excuse us...... pardon me". They must have thought we were the BIGGEST Puzzies. :lmao: :lmao: It was kind of funny.
I would turn around too, but then again I guess I would be a puzzy. I turned around when I saw a pony sinking up to her kneees. No thanks. I like jumps that fall when/if I get slammed into them. That is why I am a hunter rider and am not an eventer rider. :wench:

WWWDD

What Would Winn Dixie Do?
Sparks said:

Years ago I was going on an SMTR ride down at that Permission Creek neighborhood. They were having big problems with mud and a creek crossing. Someone's horse layed down on them, or flipped or something. Noone was injured, to my knowledge. Lots of people were having trouble and many turned back. We went around all the crazy people and we were just fine. Maybe it was the same trail ride?

Sparks

I think that was the one!!!! I remember that name and it was in the back of a neighborhood. This was atleast 6-7 years ago.

Last edited:

persimmoncf

Persimmon Creek Farm
That was a ride here we had years with SMTR. We had a huge rain the night before and the creek crossing went to sh*t. I beleive I cried the whole way cause I felt so bad about it. :frown:

We had 97 horses on that ride and the bottom of that creek turn to soup by the 50th horse or so.

We now have a bridge there...thank the Lord!