For those who hone their own sports knives

Caution

Those are not inexpensive by any measure. Look nice though.

No unfortunately not. I think it's one of those gadgets for people that are into knife sharpening a bit more than most. I am kinda into it as I do alot of hunting and fishing. But what used to take me an hour now takes about ten minutes so, for me, it was a good investment. Maybe not so much for someone not doing up a lot of knives.

I even started taking care of a friend of mine's knives who is a chef at a local resturant. LOL I don't mind, crack a beer and sit and sharpen knives while I watch tv. :buddies:

I looked into getting one of the Tormek knife grinders but as I have always hand sharpened I figured I would buy one of these first. Then maybe check out the Tormek later.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
A neighbor of mine here on the island is some sort of savant when it comes to sharpening knives. The edge he can put on one is truly remarkable.

So I have him take care of all of mine. When I try to do it, they come out about as sharp as a bag of wet hair. :whistle:

Foxhound

Finishing last
I have a lansky sharpening system I bought some years back at a gun show. I just uncovered it in an archeological rummage in the basement a month or so ago. After Bann got me an nice new kitchen knife set. ( She trusts me with sharp objects! ) :smoochy:

Anyway, it's a great system and not too pricey. Depending on which kit you buy.

KingFish

Nothing to see here
I just purchased an edge pro system to sharpen my hunting, bowie, and throwing knifes as well as my hawks. For the price, hope it does a great job. Will try the kitchen knives on it as well.