Ford Resurrects the Maverick Name

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
2022 Ford Maverick compact pickup revealed with hybrid power and $19,995 price

Maverick is Ford's lowest-priced model

The 2022 Maverick is an all-new compact pickup launching this fall with a standard hybrid powertrain that’s good for 40 mpg city and 37 mpg combined at a starting price of $19,995, or $21,490 after mandatory shipping charges are added in. That makes it $150 cheaper than the EcoSport subcompact SUV, which recently had its base price increased above $20K.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
I thought they were going to call it the McCain?

Bring back the Explorer SportTrak.

UglyBear

Ford is trying to recoup from screwing with the Ranger . Remade the Ranger, TOO BIG & TOO MUCH
That.
I need a cheap truck with a full bed, to haul garbage to the dump and lumber from the hardware store, etc. Wife is still kicking herself for not buying a very decent late-90s Ranger ten years ago, so I was excited about the “new” Ranger, but yeah, it’s too big.
Hope this one is not a flop, I see myself buying one in a year or two.

glhs837

Power with Control
That.
I need a cheap truck with a full bed, to haul garbage to the dump and lumber from the hardware store, etc. Wife is still kicking herself for not buying a very decent late-90s Ranger ten years ago, so I was excited about the “new” Ranger, but yeah, it’s too big.
Hope this one is not a flop, I see myself buying one in a year or two.

"Full bed"? What does that mean to you? Not being a smart ass, but to most folks, that implies an eight foot bed, which this truck will never have. Maybe 5.5 feel.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Not the same as days gone by...

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
4Dr Mavericks were our Drivers Ed motor pool at Northwestern High.

UglyBear

"Full bed"? What does that mean to you? Not being a smart ass, but to most folks, that implies an eight foot bed, which this truck will never have. Maybe 5.5 feel.
Yes, I would prefer a full 8-foot bed on a small gas-friendly chassis. So I can put several 4’x8’ sheets of plywood or such in it, and close the gate.

Also I’m realizing that’s not gonna happen — haven’t seen that combo in forever.

(As I remember, maybe incorrectly, some late-90s Rangers had that option, at the price of smaller cab).
So just looking for something that is not perfect but will have to do.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
(As I remember, maybe incorrectly, some late-90s Rangers had that option, at the price of smaller cab).
It was a 7' bed on a std cab. :yay:

NextJen

Raisin cane
I don't know why they had to pull an old car name they had used previously. Are there that few words left for them to pick from?
They could have called it Minnow since it's supposed to be little. That or Mite.

glhs837

Power with Control
Yes, I would prefer a full 8-foot bed on a small gas-friendly chassis. So I can put several 4’x8’ sheets of plywood or such in it, and close the gate.

Also I’m realizing that’s not gonna happen — haven’t seen that combo in forever.

Depending on your frequency of need and how much, a small 5x8 utility trailer might suit better. I've had one for maybe 15 years now, cost me $600 at Lowes at the time. That sucker has saved me far more in rental and delivery costs than it cost even including registration. ATV, lawnmowers, mulch, motorcycles, appliances, you name it. Now cost a bit more, but still good value or you can find them used. https://www.leonardusa.com/cargo-ut...X8SgtETfUPoZdD7GoafLHSmrfp_NusVQaAslmEALw_wcB

glhs837

Power with Control
I don't know why they had to pull an old car name they had used previously. Are there that few words left for them to pick from?
They could have called it Minnow since it's supposed to be little. That or Mite.

I like Mighty Mite, but the folks buying this are already going to take massive rations of crap from Real Truck Guys (tm) and so a diminutive name wont work.

glhs837

Power with Control
Like Honda Ridgeline owners? :D

Oh hells yes. Even the Avalanche owners get pooped on. Never realized how toxic a group RTGs were until they started joining the Cybertruck group on FB. "What, you cant even tow a Cat D5 to the jobsite? End yourself, friken trash truck" Picture of Cat D5 for reference......