foundation question

S

soulonfirex05

I use the maybelline mousse stuff for my cover-up...and it sucks. I want to try some of that bare minerals stuff, but before I go buy myself a make over from wal*mart, I want to know if it's really that good, if it works, and what brand I should get. And I hate beign the idiot that opens every case of makeup there is and trying it on right there in the store...but I don't just look at a color and decide it's right for me...help !!!

Christy

b*tch rocket
Bare Minerals. The only way to go. :yay: I believe you can try them at the Hair Company in Leonardtown.

I've used Bare Minerals for some time and loved it....until I discovered Jane Iredale make up...it is also a mineral make up. The wear is better and they have more shades to choose from. I love it! It is a bit pricey though.

K

Kain99

Bare Minerals. The only way to go. :yay: I believe you can try them at the Hair Company in Leonardtown.

Yes! You definitely can and if you use Christy's name when you sign up she'll get $20.00 off her next visit!

Christy

b*tch rocket
I've used Bare Minerals for some time and loved it....until I discovered Jane Iredale make up...it is also a mineral make up. The wear is better and they have more shades to choose from. I love it! It is a bit pricey though.

Got a link? Do they sell it through Sephora? (I'm a sucker for Sephora free samples :jet: )

Got a link? Do they sell it through Sephora? (I'm a sucker for Sephora free samples :jet: )
Gimma a minute and I'll get ya one. You can get it online or at some salons. I've gotten some of mine from a lady on ebay. And I hear ya....I definately loves me some Sephora samples.

Thanks. :yay: The sample kit is $28, not unreasonable for all the stuff that is included.
Your welcome. I love that stuff. The liquid minerals covers my dark circles real nice w/o having to add concealer too. My sister turned me on to it. Unfortunately we are both make up junkies.

Christy

b*tch rocket
Your welcome. I love that stuff. The liquid minerals covers my dark circles real nice w/o having to add concealer too. My sister turned me on to it. Unfortunately we are both make up junkies.

Here is the sample pack. Have you used any of the stuff in it? They seem to sell a million different products and don't really want to buy a full sized anything until I try it first, or get good feedback.

Jane Iredale Jane Iredale Sample Kit - Light at Jane Iredale Direct

Here is the sample pack. Have you used any of the stuff in it? They seem to sell a million different products and don't really want to buy a full sized anything until I try it first, or get good feedback.

Jane Iredale Jane Iredale Sample Kit - Light at Jane Iredale Direct
The pressed mineral powder I've used and the shadows but in different shades. My sister loves the lip plumper stuff though she doesnt need it. I have concealer 1 and Disappear. Like the concealer and love Disappear. The foundation colors thats included may be a bit dark for you. I use Bisque liquid minerals and set w/ Satin pressed. If memory serves me correctly you might be a bit fairer than me. I also have the D2O hydration spray and Pom mist. So far I love everything....and ok w/ the the concealer.

Does that help?

Last edited:
S

soulonfirex05

Thanks so much for the help ! I'd tow my a$$ down to that hair place in leonardtown...but im from la plata...i dont know much about leonardtown expect for the wawa on the corner that leads to ryken and thats about it :blushing: that jane iredale stuff looks AWESOME, and I'd love to try it...but i need like a consult where they show you how to put on the make up and they match the best shades for you...they shut down the mearle norman here in waldorf =( and i dont think i want to go to MAC...just too heavy of makeup for me. any suggestions of where to go around the la plata/waldorf/charlotte hall/benedict area..? :cheesy: thanks a lot for the help !!!