Free Will vs. Predestination

Bustem' Down

Give Peas a Chance
slotted said:
Please use scripture to back up this position, not just speculation. How do I know that Moses had a free choice to follow God?
I thought this whole thread was speculation? How do you know he didn't? We've moved way past the realm of provable fact into the realm of pure spculation. The Bible, especially the OT, is open to interpretation and so you have to start assuming things. I was just trying to exercise some logic into all of this. If it were actually provable beyond a shadow of a doubt, it would have been done so long ago and we wouldn't need this conversation.

slotted

Bustem' Down said:
I thought this whole thread was speculation? How do you know he didn't? We've moved way past the realm of provable fact into the realm of pure spculation. The Bible, especially the OT, is open to interpretation and so you have to start assuming things. I was just trying to exercise some logic into all of this. If it were actually provable beyond a shadow of a doubt, it would have been done so long ago and we wouldn't need this conversation.
That's the good thing about the Bible. I can show you strong evidence for either side of most topics.

Bustem' Down

Give Peas a Chance
slotted said:
That's the good thing about the Bible. I can show you strong evidence for either side of most topics.
I'm not properly equipped here at work for some bible olympics. Used to be real good at it back when I did Mormon seminary. :lol:

slotted

Bustem' Down said:
I'm not properly equipped here at work for some bible olympics. Used to be real good at it back when I did Mormon seminary. :lol:
There's always blue letter bible or e-sword. E-sword is a free program that you can download with strong's concordance, and you can also download various other versions, christian literature, biblical maps, charts, etc.

I'm not going to be getting into anything too deep tonight, but I will be occasionally checking the forum.

Bustem' Down

Give Peas a Chance
slotted said:
There's always blue letter bible or e-sword. E-sword is a free program that you can download with strong's concordance, and you can also download various other versions, christian literature, biblical maps, charts, etc.

I'm not going to be getting into anything too deep tonight, but I will be occasionally checking the forum.
It would still take me too long and I no longer have the patience. I really gave up on all of this when I gave up religion. I prefer logic.

slotted

Kain99 said:
I thought God was pretty clear that we all had free will. :ohwell:
Once again, please use scripture to back up your position. Where is it pretty clear that we have free will.

ljerome

slotted said:
Where do you stand?
Interesting question - it was explained to me once as looking at a sign above a doorway which reads "All are Welcome" (free will) and when you get through the doorway and look back, there is a sign which reads "You were Chosen" (predestination). Difficult to answer the question without a faith basis, but in essence, God knows the outcome already so, in that sense, all is predestined. Basically, God doesn't run on our timeline so the end (destiny) is already known.