Freeze Branding Professional Locally?

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
I was wondering if anyone knows of someone locally who may be doing freeze brands?

If not, does anyone have an upcoming Freeze Branding Clinic scheduled locally?

Mojo

May I ask why?

Thousands of horses were lost after Hurricane Katrina. Many perished outright, others bolted, only to die later from weather-related injuries or stress. Still others were stolen and never recovered. If more of the nation's horses were freeze branded, less would become victims of thieves and catastrophic events. Freeze branding is a cryogenic identification process that's more humane than using a hot iron, relatively easy and economical.

dn0121

Thousands of horses were lost after Hurricane Katrina. Many perished outright, others bolted, only to die later from weather-related injuries or stress. Still others were stolen and never recovered. If more of the nation's horses were freeze branded, less would become victims of thieves and catastrophic events. Freeze branding is a cryogenic identification process that's more humane than using a hot iron, relatively easy and economical.

WTF, who hacked Mojo's account?

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
Exactly :buddies: and it is only 1 of the many ways that horse owners are urged to make their horses easily identified in case of loss or theft. Micro-chipping, lip tatoos, and hot brands are other methods that can also be utilized.

With the economy the way it is you'd think that no one was stealing horses but they ARE! Maybe at a slower rate then before?

I am in contact now with a person in another State that does freeze brands so I'll post when I find out more about whether they will make the trip here and whether I need to organize a clinic to get others involved for them to make the trip. Kinda was hoping we had someone local but that doesn't appear to be the case.

fredsaid2

Exactly :buddies: and it is only 1 of the many ways that horse owners are urged to make their horses easily identified in case of loss or theft. Micro-chipping, lip tatoos, and hot brands are other methods that can also be utilized.

I might consider micro-chipping but have never liked the look of brands especially if you ever planned to show.

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
There are certainly many different ways to mark them, although a microchip can be removed by a thief. I'm not understanding why a show horse would be a bad candidate for a freeze brand? I see show horses with breed and/or registry brands, so is a personal brand deemed unacceptable in showing?

QUOTE=fredsaid2;3943848]I might consider micro-chipping but have never liked the look of brands especially if you ever planned to show.[/QUOTE]

fredsaid2

There are certainly many different ways to mark them, although a microchip can be removed by a thief. I'm not understanding why a show horse would be a bad candidate for a freeze brand? I see show horses with breed and/or registry brands, so is a personal brand deemed unacceptable in showing?

QUOTE=fredsaid2;3943848]I might consider micro-chipping but have never liked the look of brands especially if you ever planned to show.
[/QUOTE]

It's likely not unacceptable, just not my preference. I get the cachet of the warmblood brand, to my eye everything else I've seen makes me think cow-pony.

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
I have been in email contact with a lady in Central PA who said the fee is $135 per horse + split her travel expenses among the number of horses being done. They claim to have a marking system that can not be altered easily (as some other markings can be). here's their website:

www.KryoKinticsUSA.com

Could I get anyone interested in participating to PM me with the number of horses (or other critters) they'd like to have done as an initial count? Once I have an idea as to how much interest there is, I can then look into a place that we can all meet at for the branding and look into a possible date.

oooo i would love to get my horses done!

horsesrock93

Chevy Is Da BOMB!!!!
I would love to get mine done... idk about the other 3.. Ill talk to tc tonight about it.. it would be good to get your horses done cuz if they where to run off they would be able to identify them.. just putting that out there...

Last edited:

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
UPDATE Oct 19th ?????

The freeze brand professional I spoke of previously said she will be in this area on Oct. 19th for a meeting so wants to know if I and others want to get some horses done?

Please let me know ASAP so I can get a count to her - thanks.

I have been in email contact with a lady in Central PA who said the fee is $135 per horse + split her travel expenses among the number of horses being done. They claim to have a marking system that can not be altered easily (as some other markings can be). here's their website:

www.KryoKinticsUSA.com

Could I get anyone interested in participating to PM me with the number of horses (or other critters) they'd like to have done as an initial count? Once I have an idea as to how much interest there is, I can then look into a place that we can all meet at for the branding and look into a possible date.

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
Well now she says she can do OCT 20th but I won't be available that day, so if anyone wants her email address to get it done that day just let me know via PM please. I will try to schedule for November.