Freezing Away Fat

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
"I do 50 [sit ups] every day, but it doesn't matter," said Sylvia Blemmer.

At least she's toning her abs. But if she wants to lose weight around her mid section, she should try dieting and cardio. :biggrin:

Toxick

Splat
I will not be happy until they release a pill which allows me to remain a lazy pig, but gives me the toned body of Adonis, which I so richly deserve.

And if it has an ExtenZe-like side effect, that would be cool.

Aerogal

USMC 1983-1995
"I do 50 [sit ups] every day, but it doesn't matter," said Sylvia Blemmer.

At least she's toning her abs. But if she wants to lose weight around her mid section, she should try dieting and cardio. :biggrin:

Watching what you eat and when is more important than anything. Cardio is only good for your - cardio. You won't lose weight efficiently.

Aerogal

USMC 1983-1995
I will not be happy until they release a pill which allows me to remain a lazy pig, but gives me the toned body of Adonis, which I so richly deserve.

:killingme

Christy

b*tch rocket

We need a "like" button. Well except for the "ExtenZe-like side effect" that would be very awkward for me, I would not like that side effect. :ohwell:

sockgirl77

I agree with Chasey. I don't know a damn thing about working out as the only form of workouts that I get are Wii Fit and under the sheets. But it just seems like common sense that any form of routine exercise will help you lose weight especially when it is speeding your heart rate. Increasing your heart rate increases your metabolism, right?

itsbob

I bowl overhand

:like:

Aerogal

USMC 1983-1995
I agree with Chasey. I don't know a damn thing about working out as the only form of workouts that I get are Wii Fit and under the sheets. But it just seems like common sense that any form of routine exercise will help you lose weight especially when it is speeding your heart rate. Increasing your heart rate increases your metabolism, right?
Cardio is good for your cardiovascular system, not your metabolism. Long episode cardio is not as efficient for burning fat (I didn't say it wouldn't work).
You can be more efficient at burning fat by doing low level exercise (walk, jog, bike et..) with bursts of speed. It's called pacing. I've started this type and have more success at losing weight. For 1-2 minutes I do an easy pace, then ramp up like a guy with a knife is chasing me for about a minute, then go back down until my breathing and pulse rate return to near normal (takes me about 3 minutes) then I repeat. I get more results with 20 minutes of this than I did grueling out a 45-60 minute workout.

It's a different concept but it works.

Course I'd love to have a magic pill too, right?

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
Cardio is good for your cardiovascular system, not your metabolism. Long episode cardio is not as efficient for burning fat (I didn't say it wouldn't work).
You can be more efficient at burning fat by doing low level exercise (walk, jog, bike et..) with bursts of speed. It's called pacing. I've started this type and have more success at losing weight. For 1-2 minutes I do an easy pace, then ramp up like a guy with a knife is chasing me for about a minute, then go back down until my breathing and pulse rate return to near normal (takes me about 3 minutes) then I repeat. I get more results with 20 minutes of this than I did grueling out a 45-60 minute workout.

It's a different concept but it works.

Course I'd love to have a magic pill too, right?
Cardio exercise does in fact speed up your metabolism. Do you realize what you are saying? Everything you typed about is CARDIO. Walking is cardio; jogging is cardio; biking is cardio.

TurboK9

So when you look down at your wanger you want to feel like you got ripped off? As far as I know that is the only side effect Extenze has...

Unless you believe Jimmy Johnson's 'testimony'. :lmao:

Aerogal

USMC 1983-1995
Cardio exercise does in fact speed up your metabolism. Do you realize what you are saying? Everything you typed about is CARDIO. Walking is cardio; jogging is cardio; biking is cardio.

I'm talking about efficiency. Cardio-vascular exercise is just that, exercising your heart and lungs. It works getting your pulse rate and breathing to an elevated level and then keeping that level for a long period of time. You breathe better, but that's not what is triggering the fat burn. PACE is taking your level up and then to normal levels and repeating. This will stimulate your metabolism more efficiently, by triggering natural fight or flight responses from your metabolism= fat burn. Using your legs in walking, jogging or bicycling is using the largest muscles in your body. That also increases your fat burn and that is why you lose weight doing intensive cardio.

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
I'm talking about efficiency. Cardio-vascular exercise is just that, exercising your heart and lungs. It works getting your pulse rate and breathing to an elevated level and then keeping that level for a long period of time. You breathe better, but that's not what is triggering the fat burn. PACE is taking your level up and then to normal levels and repeating. This will stimulate your metabolism more efficiently, by triggering natural fight or flight responses from your metabolism= fat burn. Using your legs in walking, jogging or bicycling is using the largest muscles in your body. That also increases your fat burn and that is why you lose weight doing intensive cardio.

But it's still cardio... it doesn't matter if you're doing intervals or running a marathon. Cardio burns fat!