They call me ... Sarcasmo

Attachments

• leveled.jpg
    leveled.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 117
Last edited:

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
I love bagpipes. They are so melancholy and touch my soul.

And see, this is the reason why I can never, ever, never, ever go to the Celtic festival.

I can't even begin to fully express how much I hate bagpipes. I loathe them. They sound like high pitched cats screeching right next to my eardrums.

And ya'll know how much I detest cats. :yuck:

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
And see, this is the reason why I can never, ever, never, ever go to the Celtic festival.

I can't even begin to fully express how much I hate bagpipes. I loathe them. They sound like high pitched cats screeching right next to my eardrums.

And ya'll know how much I detest cats. :yuck:

:bawl:

Bann

PREMO Member
Its ok Bann.
some people like bagpipes.
and some just dont care for a bunch of dudes in dresses blowing on their pipes.

It's not because she doesn't like bagpipes, it's because they can't go.

Truthfully, I used to HATE and loathe them, too. A few years ago when I started going to the CF, I didn't like hearing them practice in the distance, and I didn't go to watch the band competitions. However, at the end of the day, when they all come together to play - it's an awesome, soothing and surprisingly, calming sound. Thing1 is absolutely mesmerized by them, and it takes A LOT for him to #1)be quiet for more than 5 minutes #2)pay attention longer than a few minutes. :jet:

It's usually very emotional to hear anyway, but this year, Amazing Grace will be very difficult for my family, as we had a Piper play that at my mom's service at Arlington in June. He was very kind and played a number of musical selections, and stayed just off to the side playing until we all walked out and gathered by our vehicles. I was very surprised at how calming and soothing that was to me. :yay:

Dakota

~~~~~~~
I enjoy listening to bag pipes in tune - not people practicing playing the bag pipes. :cds:

My husband is in a bag pipe band but won't be competing this year (some health issues). But we had a dog that hated and I mean HATED bag pipes. He would cry/pout whenever he heard them.

bcp

In My Opinion
I enjoy listening to bag pipes in tune - not people practicing playing the bag pipes. :cds:

My husband is in a bag pipe band but won't be competing this year (some health issues). But we had a dog that hated and I mean HATED bag pipes. He would cry/pout whenever he heard them.

I feel his pain

bcp

In My Opinion
I have Scottish heritage on my mothers side of the family. Bagpipes speak to my soul.

My mothers family is from Norway,
this does not mean I have a desire to steal your stuff, rape you womens and burn your house.

Although the looting part could be kinda fun.. the rest I will pass on.

Bann

PREMO Member
My mothers family is from Norway,
this does not mean I have a desire to steal your stuff, rape you womens and burn your house.

Although the looting part could be kinda fun.. the rest I will pass on.

:mad: