Friendly's

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Originally posted by chuckster
.... BUT the number to do this was closer to $2000,000. for both the Leonardtown and California restaurant.
How much is that???

pilot

Location next to another restaurant, be it Outback or Ruby Tuesdays is a win win situation for both restaurants. They are two different restaurants, serving two different market segments. Why do you think that food courts are so successful?

I agree that they satisfy two different markets, but I disagree with your analogy with a food court. Food courts share a common dining area. So if I go out to eat with a group of friends, one can get Chinese, one can get a hamburger, one can get Mexican, etc. and we can still all sit together. If we're all going out to First Colony, it's either everybody agrees on the same thing or we have to split up and sit separately.

As far as Red Lobster or the Olive Garden are concerned, forget it. The demos will not carry their requirements. Both have looked at the area and both have decided for now that St Marys is not on their list of places to go.

I'd say they're being incredibly short-sighted. As I said on another thread, just look at how successful the new Mexican restaurant Monterey's has been. I'd say the major chains missed the boat on this one.

Cracka

I never did eat at Friendly's but my coworker's say Friendly's should have been called UnFriendly,I'll take their word for it.

bknarw

Attire Monitor
Actually...

Originally posted by Cracka
I never did eat at Friendly's but my coworker's say Friendly's should have been called UnFriendly,I'll take their word for it.

I heard they were thinking of opening a new chain called "Surly's"!

chuckster

IMFUBARED
Originally posted by pilot

Food courts share a common dining area.

I'd say they're being incredibly short-sighted. As I said on another thread, just look at how successful the new Mexican restaurant Monterey's has been. I'd say the major chains missed the boat on this one.

That is a food court in the mall. In some areas now the thing to do is share parking lots. There is a big food court in Wilmingtom DE with 5 major restaurants in the same parking lot. Hows that for competition.
I answered your Mexican thread in that forum.

And Christ, do you guys jump on everybody who might make a mistake when posting? I fixed the number....it was $200,000.
Sorry

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
And Christ, do you guys jump on everybody who might make a mistake when posting? I fixed the number....it was $200,000.
Sorry
Good grief, don't get your boxers in a bunch. I WAS joking! Lighten up!

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Originally posted by cariblue

Dont get your panties in a bunch, we just wanted to know what you really meant. yes, we were giving you a hard time, but only cuz we thought you'd take it for the joke that it was.

BTW, I really did have a glass of wine :wink:
Thanks cari ~ I knew that you would understand!:cheers:

chuckster

IMFUBARED
Sorry. Finally was able to get these damn panties unbunched just a minute ago.....Now where is my glass of wine? Been one of those days.

pilot

I answered your Mexican thread in that forum.

I dunno, I wouldn't automatically assume that the big chains know what they are doing. Big companies get put out of business every day by smaller, more innovative companies, and usually because the smaller companies were able to recognize a market that the bigger companies failed to notice.