Fritz Likely to Run In Circuit Court Race

Voter2002

"Fill your hands you SOB!
He who is without sin, let him cast the first stone....

We all did stupid (sometimes illegal) things when we were young. Don't you think how he has conducted his life since then counts for something?

Let's see...Fritz - convicted of statutory rape.

Abhrams - no experience with the hard cases (only experience being liquor board advisor doesn't exactly give me a warm fuzzy trusting her to deal with hard cases).

Anyone else running???

chuckster

IMFUBARED
Originally posted by vraiblonde
What happened to the other guys involved? Did they just fall off the face of the Earth?

From what I hear they are doing well and still in Southern Maryland

chuckster

IMFUBARED
Originally posted by Voter2002
We all did stupid (sometimes illegal) things when we were young. Don't you think how he has conducted his life since then counts for something?

Don't forget that he still has to answer for this also.

Appeals court reverses decision in newspaper-seizure case

BALTIMORE — Local officials in Maryland violated the First Amendment when they tried to suppress distribution of a weekly publication that had criticized them, a federal appeals panel ruled on Jan. 16.

The three-judge panel of the 4th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals reversed a federal judge's decision to dismiss a lawsuit brought by the publication's owner. The panel sent the case back to U.S. District Court in Baltimore.

"If we were to sanction this conduct, we would point the way for other state officials to stifle public criticism of their policies and their performance," chief Judge J. Harvie Wilkinson III wrote.

The night before the election, six off-duty sheriff's deputies in plain clothes drove around the county, buying the newspapers from newsboxes and local stores, according to court records. Both Voorhaar and Fritz supported and took part in the mass purchase, court records say. The deputies ended up removing about 1,300 copies of the paper's 6,500-copy print run.

So how has Richard conducted his life since then?

chuckster

IMFUBARED
Originally posted by Voter2002

This also from St Mary's Today

Fritz's campaign for state's attorney is all based on smoke and mirrors. The truth about his experience is that he only went before a jury with a drug dealer 9 times from 1989 to 1992. Fritz refused to account for over $20,000 in funds he ordered issued to himself, and when pressed to account, he quit his post with no notice and with numerous cases pending trial; Fritz, who as an attorney is an officer of the court, lied to the court, in a sworn statement, about the reason for postponing a trial for a very dangerous drug dealer who had threatened a state witness with a gun. Fritz said he would be out of town on business, but the business was a hunting trip to Maine to shoot bears.

Why would Fritz warn drug dealers about a police raid? It is all about blind ambition.

Why do the drug dealers trust Richard Fritz? They know him better than you do and they have good reasons. Fritz has a very close working relationship with scores of drug dealers. They turned over information to him, he let them go, he arrested their competitors, then let them go in return for more information on other dealers, and then churned them too. Each one he took a hunk of cash from, often in the sum of $1,000 or more for his drug fund which he used with arrogance and refused to provide an accounting of how he spent them. The drug dealers kept Fritz in cash, plain and simple. The dealers just didn't go to prison, they were still at large when Fritz quit and went to work as the local mob lawyer, working for all of the worst drug dealers around, taking their blood money.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I'm not trying to be mean to you, Chuckster, but the St. Mary's Today isn't exactly the most reliable news source in the world. Or the county.

From what I hear they are doing well and still in Southern Maryland
Then how come they're not getting publicity, too? The only one whose name I've ever seen connected with this is Fritz's. I understand that they're probably not public officials and Fritz is, but you'd think someone would look 'em up and get their story.

chuckster

IMFUBARED
I'm not trying to be mean to you, Chuckster, but the St. Mary's Today isn't exactly the most reliable news source in the world. Or the county.

Then how come they're not getting publicity, too? The only one whose name I've ever seen connected with this is Fritz's. I understand that they're probably not public officials and Fritz is, but you'd think someone would look 'em up and get their story.

I agree with you. I would love to hear their side of the story but I doubt that we ever will.
St Mary's Today and Ken can still get to the bottom of the story,,, like him or not. Articles that he publishes prove to be right. Nobody wanted to beleive that a Captain of our Sheriffs Dept would or could take items from the Dept but charges are on the way. The Emptyprise didn't touch this story for a long time and when they did it was buried on the inside.
As I told you before, there is always more to the story

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Might be that they have been asked by a person in the public light not to talk about it or that they do not dispute that what has been reported is the truth.

K

Kain99

Fritz pled guilty so that's not an issue. Karen Abrams Kenney has an amazing Resume.

The people of this county, are truly a bunch of idiots! Votes are cast based on name recognition only! It's scary as he!! .

Fritz will take just about any political position he wants. Right now he wants to be a judge....

God help you, if you ever find yourself a victim in his court room. :frown:

chuckster

IMFUBARED
Originally posted by Kain99
Fritz will take just about any political position he wants. Right now he wants to be a judge....

God help you, if you ever find yourself a victim in his court room. :frown:

I would suggest that if he does become a judge and you do find yourself infront of him, use the same phrase that he used on 20/20 when talking about his rape case,,,
"It happens all the time":nono:
How far do you think that little phrase would get you?:boo: