From "Look at me!" to "Don't look at me!"

Railroad

Routinely Derailed
For the ladies here (primarily the physically beautiful ones): When in your life did you stop wanting men to look at you and appreciate your beauty? When did "cute guys" become creeps in your eyes?

Or maybe this hasn't happened yet for you, in which case I'm happy for you.

ZARA

For the ladies here (primarily the physically beautiful ones): When in your life did you stop wanting men to look at you and appreciate your beauty? When did "cute guys" become creeps in your eyes?

I'm vain. I have an ego. I always want my husband to find me physically attractive and I do what I can to ensure that he always finds me physically attractive.

I do not identify "cute guys" or "ugly guys."
I'm geared more towards great sense of humor & smart. And I have a weakness for Brown eyes, dark hair, tall, shy men.

I identify "creeps" and "Nice guys" by actions, not looks.

Toxick

Splat

Attachments

• natuerlich-schau-ich-dir-in-die-augen.jpg
    natuerlich-schau-ich-dir-in-die-augen.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 171

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
It's not "when did you stop..." It's all about the guy and whether he's a creep or not. Certain men who I am close to can make outright horndog rude comments to me and it's funny and flattering. But when he-who-shall-not-be-named was giving me attention, it was not flattering and he was just a creep.

And like Zara said, looks have almost nothing to do with it. There was a guy a few months ago that I made the mistake of agreeing to have drinks with. He was physically cute as a button, but he quickly devolved into creep because of his obsessive personality and how it manifested itself. That makes him no longer cute and just a creepy idiot.

So, gents, if you are continually getting shot down, it's not your looks that are the problem.

lucky_bee

RBF expert

:eyebrow:
apparently, you ugly biatches need not reply :coffee:

It's not "when did you stop..." It's all about the guy and whether he's a creep or not. Certain men who I am close to can make outright horndog rude comments to me and it's funny and flattering. But when he-who-shall-not-be-named was giving me attention, it was not flattering and he was just a creep.

And like Zara said, looks have almost nothing to do with it. There was a guy a few months ago that I made the mistake of agreeing to have drinks with. He was physically cute as a button, but he quickly devolved into creep because of his obsessive personality and how it manifested itself. That makes him no longer cute and just a creepy idiot.

So, gents, if you are continually getting shot down, it's not your looks that are the problem.

woooo :clap: let's bring back that nice guys thread!!

Railroad

Routinely Derailed
Got it. But there are some women who seem angry that guys even notice their presence - nary a word exchanged - to the point where I find myself looking away really fast before a given woman notices that I noticed her. Just curious about the ladies' side of it.

lucky_bee

RBF expert
Got it. But there are some women who seem angry that guys even notice their presence - nary a word exchanged - to the point where I find myself looking away really fast before a given woman notices that I noticed her. Just curious about the ladies' side of it.

Well, in that case....if you haven't even said anything yet, and you haven't made some creepy c'mon baby face at them, they might just be stuck-up ####s :coffee:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Well, in that case....if you haven't even said anything yet, and you haven't made some creepy c'mon baby face at them, they might just be stuck-up ####s :coffee:

^This^

Some women are just angry bitches BUT.... It really is all in the approach and attitude. Sometimes a guy will give you an appreciative look and, if you don't shut him down right away, before you know it he's bothering you because he thinks you're interested and he has a shot. Other guys will give you a look and you know they're just looking and no approach will be forthcoming, so you smile and are flattered.

lucky_bee

RBF expert
^This^

Some women are just angry bitches BUT.... It really is all in the approach and attitude. Sometimes a guy will give you an appreciative look and, if you don't shut him down right away, before you know it he's bothering you because he thinks you're interested and he has a shot. Other guys will give you a look and you know they're just looking and no approach will be forthcoming, so you smile and are flattered.

It all goes back to that nice guys thread. First off women sometimes need to cool it. But mostly men need to understand the fine line of being creepy and being nice. It really is all in the approach. If you approach me like a creep, I'll shut you down automatically...I've been through enough creepy pick-ups to know when one's coming, usually before he opens his mouth. However if you're just admiring, no harm-no foul. I'll probably find you more attractive because you didn't approach me right away, yet still made me feel flattered.

DEEKAYPEE8569

It all goes back to that nice guys thread. First off women sometimes need to cool it. But mostly men need to understand the fine line of being creepy and being nice. It really is all in the approach. If you approach me like a creep, I'll shut you down automatically...I've been through enough creepy pick-ups to know when one's coming, usually before he opens his mouth. However if you're just admiring, no harm-no foul. I'll probably find you more attractive because you didn't approach me right away, yet still made me feel flattered.

But when does that become creepy for you? Or does it?
See, there's a fine; pretty much invisible line; if someone is 'just admiring' you, at what point do you feel stared/gawked at? Do you confront the admirer with 'what YOU lookin' at?!'

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
But when does that become creepy for you? Or does it?
See, there's a fine; pretty much invisible line; if someone is 'just admiring' you, at what point do you feel stared/gawked at? Do you confront the admirer with 'what YOU lookin' at?!'

For women that line is not fine or invisible at all. We have been dealing with this since puberty and can tell the difference right away.

If you are looking at a woman and thinking, "Damn. I'd like to motorboat that," she will pick up on it and think you are a creep. If you look and think, "Cute. What time are the Skins playing tonight again...?" you are simply noticing and not creepy.