FSBO-Anyone doing this?

Hot N Bothered

With the market being so hot now, more and more people are going FSBO. Two things of importance... Make sure you get on the MLS. I'm not sure how you do this exactly, but that's what the internet is for. :shrug: and two, be open to the idea of giving a partial commission to a buyer's agent. A lot of agents won't bring their clients to a FSBO home, because they don't get a commission. Actually, they DO get a commission, but if the seller doesn't pay it as they traditionally do, the buyer has to, and that just makes it more expensive for the buyer and a negative situation all the way around. You'll still save half the commission.

CityGrl

Time for a nap
When we sold our house in MD, we did FSBO and then hired a realtor (at our own fixed price of choice) to do all of the legal paperwork. Saved us tons of $$$ and we still had all of our t's crossed and i's dotted.

meme

The Smart Hooker
I've heard buyowner.com and assist2sell.com were very good (and money saving.) Never sold any of my homes FSBO...didn't want to deal with the extra headaches (attorney's and all the legal junk.)

Oz

You're all F'in Mad...
Hot N Bothered said:
With the market being so hot now, more and more people are going FSBO.

Market is not as hot as it was this spring... :ohwell:

christy217

Yeah the market isn't as hot as it was, we're not greedy people, we mainly NEED to sell, FSBO, to use the money to put towards the next house we're moving into-long story short-which is why we can't afford to get commissions and realtors involved, or else I would to avoid the headache, etc. We want to sell and rent back a few months until the new house is ready. Gosh I will be glad when this process is over with, I wish I could do this: :lalala: Thanks for everyone's replies.

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
We sold our house through a realtor (a great realtor) and never even thought about FSBO. The fee was 6% and to me it was worth it. We are in the process of building our new house and we aren't putting ourselves in a position where the 6% commission is going to make or break us. If your budget is that tight you may want to rethink your plans. Good Luck.

Nanny Pam

I would NEVER do that. (FSBO)

A REALTOR prequalifies everyone brought through your home, VS just anyone off the street coming in to be nosey.
When you come home from work someday and find all your stuff gone, just figure it was one of the people who YOU showed the house too.

And I'm not 100% sure about thisbut I think a REALTOR is the only one who can get your home on the MLS. They pay MLS dues so they can.

JMO

marianne

I've seen two FSBO homes go superfast because they were located near other homes on MLS listings. That is, we've driven to MLS listed homes. In one instance, there was an advertised open house. A block or so before we reach that destination however, is a house with a FSBO sign. We almost put in a bid for the FSBO house on one occassion because they were openly willing to negotiate since they didn't have realtor costs.

If I were looking to sell and there were other homes around me that were on the market and generating traffic, I would try FSBO first. Personally, and on the other end of the sale, I don't like to buy real estate through a realtor.

Last edited:

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
teverheart2002 said:
Do you think she would mind traveling to Oklahoma to sell my house?? :shrug:

:lol:

I don't know about all that but I bet she could find you a house here.

I'm glad this thread came up. I have to call her.

Pete

Repete
pixiegirl said:
I don't know about all that but I bet she could find you a house here.

I'm glad this thread came up. I have to call her.
pssssssssssst get a coupon for a cheese steak and take me to lunch.

:lmao: I was in contact with her a few months ago, but we have decided that it didn't feel like it was the right move for us to buy a house.

Last edited:

JabbaJawz

Be about it
We did FSBO last year when purchasing our house and had great luck. However, I can see where it could be a real PIA or not go quite well if both the buyer and seller aren't on top of things.

K

Katie

I would never do it only because I can't be bothered with the headaches that come along with it. For no headaches when working full-time it is worth the 6% that comes out of the proceeds. We didn't make as much on our house, but honestly I don't care.

My friend is a agent, and I have used her to buy the house we are in now.