Full Rack Sports Bar (Waldorf)

mattvivslivesou

www.meerkatsound.com
boyfriend or bestfriend? not that it matters either way, whats his name/company name? website?

While I am not related to kelb, I'd like to throw my infromation out there too...
Meerkat Sound, we are your premier source for Sound Reinforcement in Southern Maryland.

I run sound for a different bands in the area. This last weekend I was running sound Uncrowned, they are a Signed Band from Alanta, GA touring the USA and opeing for major record label bands..

Just for an example, the next few shows I'll be working are:
Friday (1/28) I'll be at Goose Landing (Benedict) with Sacchetti Band.
2/6 at Full Rack in Waldorf with Car 54
3/13 at Calypso Bay in Tracy's Landing with Absinthe
3/27 at Big Dogs Paradise in Mechanicsville with Car 54

Last edited:

D-35

Absinthe......

:buddies:
While I am not related to kelb, I'd like to throw my infromation out there too...
Meerkat Sound, we are your premier source for Sound Reinforcement in Southern Maryland.

I run sound for a different bands in the area. This last weekend I was running sound Uncrowned, they are a Signed Band from Alanta, GA touring the USA and opeing for major record label bands..

Just for an example, the next few shows I'll be working are:
Friday (1/28) I'll be at Goose Landing (Benedict) with Sacchetti Band.
2/6 at Full Rack in Waldorf with Car 54
3/13 at Calypso Bay in Tracy's Landing with Absinthe :buddies:
3/27 at Big Dogs Paradise in Mechanicsville with Car 54
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
I don't care about hitting the clubs or "hot local bands" these days; but, I'm always happy to hear that the party-on spirit is "alive and kicking".
I lived/ruined perfectly good music playing in NJ/PA/NYC gin-mills for years; and feel I've earned the right to chime in.

However, I'd like to know if anyone here knows if Absinthe :buddies: is available (and legit) in the USA... Making the trip to France 2X yearly has lost ALL it's appeal; just as driving from Wildewood to SI has; IMHO.

nachomama

All Up In Your Grill
Hotel Charles has ROCKIN bands. Probably the best around.
Thats sad considering I worked at Memories for 9 years :lol:

BDP has really good bands too.

Jan 30 - Full Steam
Feb 6 - Bad Horse
Feb 13 - Six Gun South
Feb 20 - No Green Jelly Beenz
Feb 27 - The Craze
Mar 6 - ARS Poetica
Mar 13 - Middle Ground
Mar 27 - Car54

Franky4Fingers

BDP = Big Dogs Paradise

Oh ok, thanks man, yeah big dogs. I dont think Ive been in there since they started doing bands there. Whats it like? Seems like it would be a small space. drink specials?

thats still not waldorf though, what else is in waldorf that hasnt been mentioned, i think thats it right?

kelb

art imitating life
BDP has really good bands too.

Jan 30 - Full Steam
Feb 6 - Bad Horse
Feb 13 - Six Gun South
Feb 20 - No Green Jelly Beenz
Feb 27 - The Craze
Mar 6 - ARS Poetica
Mar 13 - Middle Ground
Mar 27 - Car54
Yeah but the owner is a big meamie :(

BDP = Big Dogs Paradise

They are located on the southbound side of Rt5 in Mechanicsville (Across from Bert's Diner)

Big Dogs Paradise - Bar, Liquor Store & Venue! - Woof

SOMD User Reviews:
http://forums.somd.com/bars-nightclubs/177251-big-dogs-paradise-mechanicsville-reviews.html

it used to be Mouse Trap

Franky4Fingers

just found this on facebook, looks cool.

direct facebook invite link

the flyer

SYCED!

Sat. Feb. 13th
@ Full Rack Sports Bar
2175 Crain Hwy., Waldorf MD 20601
$10 Door
21+ only
$1 Drafts Til 11pm
$1 Shots All Night!
Plus! the first 50 people receive a copy of FiLMORE's newest single "City Lights"

SYCED
Waldorf's newest dance night held on the 2nd Saturday of each month with DJ Legs Diamond dropping the most awesomest of dace tunes from Hip-Hop to Rock, from classics to the newest tracks you've never heard! He's guaranteed to knock the stuffin off your egg-McMuffin! Bringing you the areas best in live bands & MC's, you never know who's gonna show up to rock a mic or drop beats. Full Rack Sports Bar has been recently renovated with a live performance stage & HUGE dance floor! Plus the capacity has been upped to hold 300 party-goers! Also feel free to take your drinks outside to the new outdoor smoking patio. And if you want to get in a game of pool they still have plenty of full size tables, plus catch the game/race on one of their 20 TV's!! Special side-note: it sits right across from the iHOP on 301n, guess where the after party is?!?! There’s always a party at Full Rack, fan them on FaceBook to stay posted on more events here: Full Rack | Facebook

This Month:
Join us for the St. Valentines Day Dance Floor Massacre!

With a LIVE performance from:

FiLMORE
Already known all over the upper EastCoast for their alternative/stadium rock anthems, FiLMORE comes to you fresh from the studio where they were recording their latest EP "City Lights". Kicking off their 2010 US tour Sat. Feb 13th at the SYCED dance party with no plans of ever stopping as they continue to rock spots through-out Maryland, Virginia, DC & beyond.

Booking Contact: Dustin Malvaso at Filmoretheband@aol.com

Filmore (Filmoretheband) on Twitter
FILMORE-Building a REVOLUTION on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads
Login | Facebook

Plus! Dropping bombs on the dance floor all night long:
Legs Diamond
get@djlegsdiamond.com
Legs Diamond on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads
Legs Diamond (DjLegsDiamond) on Twitter
Legs Diamond | Facebook

Brought to you by:

Galleria Salon & Spa
http://www.galleriasalon.com/

The largest locally owned salon and day spa in the Southern Maryland area.

161 St. Patrick's Drive
Waldorf, MD 20603
(P)301.843.3434 or 301.645.5999
(F)301.645.5162
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Owens Ski & Sport
Maryland ski skate snowboard wakeboard MD - Owens Ski and Sport - Waldorf Charles County Annapolis Anne Arundel Marylands largest snow ski, skateboard, skates, snowboards, wakeboards, water ski, dealers located in Waldorf and Gambrills as well as, sn
MySpace - Owens Ski and Sport - 30 - Male - WALDORF, US - myspace.com/getgnarly

Southern Maryland's largest snow ski, snowboard, skateboard, wakeboard, and water ski dealers.

3070 Festival Way
Waldorf, MD 20601
(P)301.843.9899
&
1308 Main Chapel Way
Gambrills, MD 21054
(P)301.858.1962

FRANK151
Frank151 | Frank151
Frank151 (Frank151) on Twitter

The Frank Book is our pocket-sized quarterly publication. Every chapter of the Frank Book is helmed by a special Guest Curator and focuses on a unique editorial theme.

DC Chiefs
DC Chiefs | Frank151
--------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited:

kelb

art imitating life
We will agree to disagree, Dumplin.
:lol: OK

just found this on facebook, looks cool.

direct facebook invite link

the flyer

SYCED!

Sat. Feb. 13th
@ Full Rack Sports Bar
2175 Crain Hwy., Waldorf MD 20601
$10 Door
21+ only
$1 Drafts Til 11pm
$1 Shots All Night!
Plus! the first 50 people receive a copy of FiLMORE's newest single "City Lights"

SYCED
Waldorf's newest dance night held on the 2nd Saturday of each month with DJ Legs Diamond dropping the most awesomest of dace tunes from Hip-Hop to Rock, from classics to the newest tracks you've never heard! He's guaranteed to knock the stuffin off your egg-McMuffin! Bringing you the areas best in live bands & MC's, you never know who's gonna show up to rock a mic or drop beats. Full Rack Sports Bar has been recently renovated with a live performance stage & HUGE dance floor! Plus the capacity has been upped to hold 300 party-goers! Also feel free to take your drinks outside to the new outdoor smoking patio. And if you want to get in a game of pool they still have plenty of full size tables, plus catch the game/race on one of their 20 TV's!! Special side-note: it sits right across from the iHOP on 301n, guess where the after party is?!?! There’s always a party at Full Rack, fan them on FaceBook to stay posted on more events here: Full Rack | Facebook

This Month:
Join us for the St. Valentines Day Dance Floor Massacre!

With a LIVE performance from:

FiLMORE
Already known all over the upper EastCoast for their alternative/stadium rock anthems, FiLMORE comes to you fresh from the studio where they were recording their latest EP "City Lights". Kicking off their 2010 US tour Sat. Feb 13th at the SYCED dance party with no plans of ever stopping as they continue to rock spots through-out Maryland, Virginia, DC & beyond.

Booking Contact: Dustin Malvaso at Filmoretheband@aol.com

Filmore (Filmoretheband) on Twitter
FILMORE-Building a REVOLUTION on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads
Login | Facebook

Plus! Dropping bombs on the dance floor all night long:
Legs Diamond
get@djlegsdiamond.com
Legs Diamond on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads
Legs Diamond (DjLegsDiamond) on Twitter
Legs Diamond | Facebook

Brought to you by:

Galleria Salon & Spa
http://www.galleriasalon.com/

The largest locally owned salon and day spa in the Southern Maryland area.

161 St. Patrick's Drive
Waldorf, MD 20603
(P)301.843.3434 or 301.645.5999
(F)301.645.5162

Owens Ski & Sport
Maryland ski skate snowboard wakeboard MD - Owens Ski and Sport - Waldorf Charles County Annapolis Anne Arundel Marylands largest snow ski, skateboard, skates, snowboards, wakeboards, water ski, dealers located in Waldorf and Gambrills as well as, sn
MySpace - Owens Ski and Sport - 30 - Male - WALDORF, US - myspace.com/getgnarly

Southern Maryland's largest snow ski, snowboard, skateboard, wakeboard, and water ski dealers.

3070 Festival Way
Waldorf, MD 20601
(P)301.843.9899
&
1308 Main Chapel Way
Gambrills, MD 21054
(P)301.858.1962

FRANK151
Frank151 | Frank151
Frank151 (Frank151) on Twitter

The Frank Book is our pocket-sized quarterly publication. Every chapter of the Frank Book is helmed by a special Guest Curator and focuses on a unique editorial theme.

DC Chiefs
DC Chiefs | Frank151
--------------------------------------------------------------------

Ummm so do you own Full Rack now?

Franky4Fingers

Ummm so do you own Full Rack now?

lls, nah but i should be put on their payroll huh?

ive just been going out more lately and been looking for stuff going on, and noticed that (the old) howards (where i use to spend a lot of time) had changed, lil to my knowlege it had changed a couple times that i was unaware of before Full Rack.

then the other day i saw a FB invite to some party that just happened to be at full rack so i copied it and figured i'd post it here.

looks cool, think ima check it out. saying the drink specials arent as good as a tuesday night at ABC, but their better than paying $4 for a beer anywhere else, plus you get the live music atmosphere. Id much rather be at a place like that than a restuarant/bar, thats why i like memories too. i think the area could use more "dance/live music" type spots, im tired of the restuarant bar combos like green turtle, etc. I wish Legends was back.....more places like that.

anyone feel me on this?

nachomama

All Up In Your Grill
Oh ok, thanks man, yeah big dogs. I dont think Ive been in there since they started doing bands there. Whats it like? Seems like it would be a small space. drink specials?

thats still not waldorf though, what else is in waldorf that hasnt been mentioned, i think thats it right?

BDP has different drink specials every night of the week. Check out their website Big Dogs Paradise - Bar, Liquor Store & Venue! - Woof. Usually a decent crowd; I have noticed it's gotten busier over the past month or so.

Franky4Fingers said:
lls, nah but i should be put on their payroll huh?

ive just been going out more lately and been looking for stuff going on, and noticed that (the old) howards (where i use to spend a lot of time) had changed, lil to my knowlege it had changed a couple times that i was unaware of before Full Rack.

then the other day i saw a FB invite to some party that just happened to be at full rack so i copied it and figured i'd post it here.

looks cool, think ima check it out. saying the drink specials arent as good as a tuesday night at ABC, but their better than paying $4 for a beer anywhere else, plus you get the live music atmosphere. Id much rather be at a place like that than a restuarant/bar, thats why i like memories too. i think the area could use more "dance/live music" type spots, im tired of the restuarant bar combos like green turtle, etc. I wish Legends was back.....more places like that.

anyone feel me on this?

So you're asking about bars in Waldorf, but comparing them to ABC in California? :confused: You're gonna travel that far for a good drink special? :confused:

Franky4Fingers

BDP has different drink specials every night of the week. Check out their website Big Dogs Paradise - Bar, Liquor Store & Venue! - Woof. Usually a decent crowd; I have noticed it's gotten busier over the past month or so.

cool, thanks. their photo gallery is :shocked:

So you're asking about bars in Waldorf, but comparing them to ABC in California? :confused: You're gonna travel that far for a good drink special? :confused:

lol, nah, i use to hang out there a lot & remember the .50cent tuesday specials, at the time it was the cheapest around. I was just saying, Full Rack has $1 drafts, which as far as i can tell is the cheapest in the area....plus you got the live music.....win, win.

And I dont consider it too far to travel, thats where I'm from, where all my people are. Id much rather hang out in waldorf/laplata than hollywood/the park anyway.

Kittykat33

Why me??
I'll be there Feb 6th with Car 54. This would be my first time going to the 'new' club.

I Love me some Car 54-Thats just cause Billy is one of my BEST FRIENDS!!! Looks like the show might not go on due to this damn snow!!! Thats ok-they live right next to be we can go get a private show haha

muttdog

I Love me some Car 54-Thats just cause Billy is one of my BEST FRIENDS!!! Looks like the show might not go on due to this damn snow!!! Thats ok-they live right next to be we can go get a private show haha

:confused:still celebrating the caps win kittykat?

mattvivslivesou

www.meerkatsound.com

I just spoke to the guys and As of right now, the show is still on... It's to early to tell what the weekend weather is going to be.

Car54 and/or Full Rack hasn't cancelled the show. :drummer: