Funeral Attire

SoMDGirl42

I've seen everything thing from the hoochie momma to the dirty, greasy, smelling mud covered work clothes.

All black is out. Wear what makes you comfortable. You are going to pay your respects, not a fashion show. The family will appreciate your effort, and unless you show up in daisy dukes, doubt they'll care what you're wearing.

Honestly, with as many funerals as I've attended, I couldn't tell you what everyone wore, many of the the details are a blur anyway.

Sorry for your loss :huggy:

Queenofdenile1

Love is Blind
Do you think the wine colored shirt would be alright with the charcoal pants? My sister seems to think people don't wear strictly black anymore. The wine shirt looks better than either of the black shirts.

The wine shirt would be fine with the pants. I've been to funerals where black was not necessarily the color of choice. I understand your concern, but I wouldn't worry too much about it, you can only do what you can do. At least you are showing up to pay your respects.

Cowgirl

Thanks everyone, the decision has been made. The funeral is at 11 and I already have my clothes picked out. :howdy:

baileydog

I wanna be a SMIB
:rolleyes: I don't want to offend the family of the deceased. I'm not UTD on funeral fashion, which is why I asked the question.

Thank you.

cowgirl, wear whatever you want to. I feel that as long as you show up, thats really all people care about. When my inlaws finally do the world a favor and croak, Ill be there with bright happy colors with bells on.:yahoo:

beamher

:rolleyes: I don't want to offend the family of the deceased. I'm not UTD on funeral fashion, which is why I asked the question.

Thank you.

I must agree, all black is not necessary; the shirt you stated that you would wear to work should be fine.

rwethereyet

Yeah, okay.
cowgirl, wear whatever you want to. I feel that as long as you show up, thats really all people care about. When my inlaws finally do the world a favor and croak, Ill be there with bright happy colors with bells on.:yahoo:

Do we have the same in-laws?? :killingme

tiltedangel

wear what you feel comfortable in..you are there to show you cared and to support the family in their time of grief..and to deal with your own grief as well.. neat and clean should be all that is required...sorry for your loss.

AiryT

Do you think the wine colored shirt would be alright with the charcoal pants? My sister seems to think people don't wear strictly black anymore. The wine shirt looks better than either of the black shirts.

I agree with you sister. If the wine shirt looks better than either of the black ones, it would be appropriate.