• Yes

Votes: 24 96.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 4.0%

• Total voters

my-thyme

..if momma ain't happy...
Patron
I followed a funeral from Leonardtown to Holy Face. I was impressed that so many cars pulled off. And I was the first vehicle without hazard lights on, most vehicles stayed pulled over until the last car went by.

I always pull over for a funeral coming toward me. Do you?

PeoplesElbow

I followed a funeral from Leonardtown to Holy Face. I was impressed that so many cars pulled off. And I was the first vehicle without hazard lights on, most vehicles stayed pulled over until the last car went by.

I always pull over for a funeral coming toward me. Do you?
I try, they are hard to recognize now nobody does the little magnetic flags anymore and so many cars have DRLs.

SamSpade

Yep. And I give the evil eye to tards who don't, or even worse who cut in on a funeral procession.
Years ago we had a funeral procession from Jersey all the way to Arlington to bury my grandfather, who was a survivor of Japanese POW camps in WW2.

Which meant that the numerous tolls were paid for by the leader of the procession.

Except that someone cut in at the Del Memorial and got a free trip over the bridge. Turned on their lights and everything. Last person in the procession had to PAY.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Except that someone cut in at the Del Memorial and got a free trip over the bridge. Turned on their lights and everything. Last person in the procession had to PAY.

I've no doubt something bad happened to that person afterward and they were all, "Boo hoo, why me! Why do bad things happen to me!" And the answer is: karma worked its magic. I firmly believe people get what's coming to them.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I like to see it when it happens. But for one thing, our political environment indicates, some people will always get away with it.

Maybe they do, or maybe we just don't see karma's ass whipping.

Think about being Nancy Pelosi, for example. You have a freezer full of bougie ice cream and not much else. Her marriage is a joke. Her kids are rapacious wolverines. Her grandkids probably don't even know her and if they do they hate her guts because she's *that* grandma. She holds onto power with a vise grip because that's all she has - that's all any of these lifelong politicians have.

Power doesn't make people happy, and you can tell because some of the most powerful people in the world are miserable POS.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
Years ago we had a funeral procession from Jersey all the way to Arlington to bury my grandfather, who was a survivor of Japanese POW camps in WW2.

Which meant that the numerous tolls were paid for by the leader of the procession.

mitzi

One time not paying attention, I accidently got into a funeral procession. As soon as I realized what I'd done, I signaled and pulled over on the shoulder.

inquiryjv

It's interesting how these traditions remind us of our shared humanity and our own mortality. When you attend a funeral or witness a procession, it's a moment of reflection on life and the inevitable end that awaits us all.
Our family's even considering aquamation as an eco-friendly alternative to traditional burial methods for my grandpa's ceremony. The idea of exploring such unconventional options has opened up new conversations within our family about the end-of-life journey and how we want to honor our loved ones' memories.

Last edited: