funny stuff!!

transporter

Funny and yet at the same time..."SAD!!!!"

Too stupid to conspire. Too incompetent to obstruct.

I learned the hard way that predictions are perilous in the current age: I literally ate a column asserting that Republicans would never nominate Donald Trump for president.

So please forgive this victory lap as I claim total EXONERATION(!) by the Mueller report for my forecast in November 2017 that the president and his aides might be saved by their own stupidity:

“With all the documentation of Russian collusion piling up, President Trump’s best excuse may be that his people were too incompetent to organize a conspiracy. Luckily for him, an innocent-by-reason-of-stupidity defense has the virtue of being plausible. For example, there is clear and compelling evidence that Donald Trump Jr. is dumb as a post.”

This was essentially Robert Mueller’s conclusion as he recounted the June 9, 2016, Trump Tower meeting, for which Russian interests promised “official documents and information that would incriminate Hillary” Clinton and Trump Jr. replied “if it’s what you say I love it.”

After two years of investigation, Mueller’s findings about Team Trump can be roughly summarized as follows: Too stupid to conspire. Too incompetent to obstruct.

These findings are entirely consistent with what I’ve found covering the Trump campaign and administration. I’d submit only one addendum: Too dumb to govern.

Yooper

Up. Identified. Lase. Fire. On the way.
I wouldn't expect anything less from Dana Milbank. Take it as you will.

--- End of line (MCP)

littlelady

God bless the USA
And yet, he's still a billionaire, and he's still your President. :patriot:

Go capitalism! Go, Trump! :patriot:

And, for the ones that don’t know, capitalism = pioneering spirit and freedom. It is not a bad thing. It is a good thing. To change that foundation of America would be feudal(ism). Do the powers that be really want that fight? Just wondering.

Waiting for trans to say I was at a bar when closing. Nope. In bed, but can’t sleep. I’ll sleep when I am dead. :lol:

Last edited:

This_person

Yooper

Up. Identified. Lase. Fire. On the way.
I wouldn't expect anything less from Dana Milbank. Take it as you will.
Speaking of Dana Milbank....

Dana Milbank, the Clown Prince of the Washington Post, has had his White House press pass revoked. He complains about it in this column.

Milbank says “he strongly suspects” that he lost his pass because “I’m a Trump critic.” This is a serious charge. The White House shouldn’t revoke press passes because of the political bent of the holder or the content of his writing about the president.

However, Milbank fails to make much of a case that this happened to him.

Jim Acosta screams, "The White House should play by the rules!" And when it did, Dana lost his press pass and had a meltdown. Poor baby. Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy (unless it was Acosta).

Click on over for the full take (link): "WHITE HOUSE REVOKES DANA MILBANK’S PRESS PASS"

--- End of line (MCP)

22AcaciaAve

Maybe true. But then it definitely means the democrats are doubling down on stupidity. Why do they keep pursuing a collusion theory or an obstruction charge if they know that Trump's team was too stupid to pull off either? Makes them look like the jackasses that they are. Here's a thought......try working on some legislation that you might find beneficial for the country......you know, the jobs you were elected to do! At this point I don't even care if I agree with it or not. Just do something other than obsess about the Mueller report or Trump's tax returns. Neither of those obsessions is solving any problem. The decision on Trump will come in another 18 months from the voting public. Do you think between now and then Pelosi, Cummings, Nadler and the rest of those slackers in congress can actually work on some meaningful legislation? I doubt it. But then nobody in congress should be talking about anyone being too stupid to accomplish anything. This is a body with AOC, Omar and King in it. They shouldn't be using the word stupid to describe anyone.