Funny video- idiot people who want a horse

persimmoncf

Persimmon Creek Farm
Highnote that video is hilarious and so true. I got a call just a month ago from a man that wanted me to go pickup a FREE 4yo ottb for his two kids. Both kids had never ridden before and the were both under 12 yo. After telling him he was making a big mistake he hangup frustrated and mad cause the kids were going to be disappointed with him cause they fell in love with the picture already.:crazy:

devinej

so funny, yet so scary...as to how close to the truth it is sometimes...

you can make those videos yourself. there are some about trainers and lessons too. and veterinarians vs. "real doctors".

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
:killingme

Most folks seem to think that horses just stand there quietly and know what to do when you get on (even if you don't). Okay so SOME horses are like that :whistle: .....

I know someone who was with his family at a public event where horses were present. The parents let the kid walk up BEHIND a horse, and the horse kicked, killing the kid. Now tell me .... who was at fault there? The horse owner or the kid/parents? I say the kid/parents.

Did anyone ever hear what happened to the wrongful death lawsuit from that horse that got loose at the Equestrian Center years ago and went out on Rt 4 (PA Ave) and someone crashed their car into the horse and someone in the car died?

highnote

Highnote that video is hilarious and so true. I got a call just a month ago from a man that wanted me to go pickup a FREE 4yo ottb for his two kids. Both kids had never ridden before and the were both under 12 yo. After telling him he was making a big mistake he hangup frustrated and mad cause the kids were going to be disappointed with him cause they fell in love with the picture already.:crazy:

PCF- that is CRAZY. But, it doesn't surprise me. You would think common sense would kick in... but no such luck.

hvp05

Methodically disorganized
Most folks seem to think that horses just stand there quietly and know what to do when you get on (even if you don't). Okay so SOME horses are like that
That's the kind of horse I want. :yay: Where can I get one?

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
That's a classic! I bet they want you to take care of it; feed, vet, farrier too. :lmao:

of course LOL - I have a relative that always thought they wanted a horse until I got one, and they realized how much went into keeping them, especially after 1 horse became 2 when the rescue was added. They recently told me how glad they were they never got a horse after realizing how much of a learning curve there is (and I'm still learning), and how much it really costs to take care of them in the manner they wish to be accustomed to, LOL

I saw a sign recently that said something to the effect of: I go to work to make the life of my critters better .....

Last edited:

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
horsie people are off the freaking rocker... :killingme

My horses are on grass again (been on straight hay lately) and obviously their bellies were full as they stood around under the shade tree, and my mare was standing there with her eyes looking sleepy - guess she was on a grass high LOL

I had someone ask me when I was going to install a hot tub for my chickens LOL