Furlough out of office reply

acommondisaster

People are still coming in at 0530 or earlier and leaving at 1630 or later, taking their laptops home (not connecting, just working), trying to compensate for zero Fridays.

Really? I have heard ppl where I work saying they've been told that that is illegal and they can NOT do those sort of things.

C

czygvtwkr

People are still coming in at 0530 or earlier and leaving at 1630 or later, taking their laptops home (not connecting, just working), trying to compensate for zero Fridays.

They are idiots then, senior leadership has flat out said that the effects need to be felt. If there are no effects then it is not a big deal and the amount of hours allocated to specific jobs will be lessened.

They are idiots then, senior leadership has flat out said that the effects need to be felt. If there are no effects then it is not a big deal and the amount of hours allocated to specific jobs will be lessened.

Exactly. They are completely defeating the ability to show the impact. If the work is getting done in spite of one day off, guess what. No impact. Once the big whigs see there is no impact on paper, you may NEVER get your Friday back. Permanent 32 hour weeks.

And as a contractor, we ABSOLUTELY have to account for each and every hour we work. We cannot work 'extra' hours and not put it on the time sheet. Grounds for dismissal.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
The grant announced at a press conference Wednesday afternoon, will allow the system to purchase 3,500 computer tablets for 410 science classrooms, including all elementary school classrooms.
The award to St. Mary’s County was only one of three given the maximum $2.5 million

why is DOD giving St. Mary's Schools Tablets ?
shouldn't this be a Dept of Ed Program NOT Defense

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
:frown:

As it turns out my contract wasn't affected; however, we had a contingency that if we had to take Friday's off we would work four 10-hour days. :shrug:

I do have the option of burning my vacation leave to make up the time, but that is not how I want to burn it.

twinoaks207

Having Fun!
It's unprofessional, and even more so depending upon your position and who would actually be contacting you

What's "unprofessional" is those folks in Congress not getting their sh*t together and coming up with a budget so this didn't have to happen. They still get their salary, they still get their perks, they still get their vacations and they don't suffer at all for failing to do the job they were elected to do. THe problem is there is no incentive for them to do any better. THAT's what we need to fix.

IMHO, every single person who is furloughed should use this message and people impacted by lack of access need to light up the switchboard on Capitol Hill.

Last edited:

RPMDAD

Agree with you twinoaks, the biggest unprofessional's in this country right now are all those a$$holes up in Capital Hill. They are the biggest joke in this country right now. JMHO

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
What's "unprofessional" is those folks in Congress not getting their sh*t together and coming up with a budget so this didn't have to happen. They still get their salary, they still get their perks, they still get their vacations and they don't suffer at all for failing to do the job they were elected to do. THe problem is there is no incentive for them to do any better. THAT's what we need to fix.

IMHO, every single person who is furloughed should use this message and people impacted by lack of access need to light up the switchboard on Capitol Hill.

Agree with you twinoaks, the biggest unprofessional's in this country right now are all those a$$holes up in Capital Hill. They are the biggest joke in this country right now. JMHO

Any links on who to e-mail?

Radiant1

Soul Probe
I feel for you all. hope they will get their crap together soon.
Mean while I have learned 3 is not a good time to get out on 235 anymore. Damn you working people! :lol:

My bf works outside of the base. He came home on Tuesday saying there was more traffic than usual going in to work at 3:00. I explained to him it was because of the new base work hours due to the furlough. He has to leave for work earlier now. :lol:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I hadn't realized contractors were affected; where I'm at, we're all pretty much protected by our contract.

Those of us that are seated in government spaces cannot be at work unless there is CS or military there. If you are out in town, you may be okay because you have a place to go.