FWIW - Aldis chisels on sale this week

SandieGarry

This is cool, a real woodworking thread. I've had no choice but to be a woodworker. My grand father's were carpenters, my uncles and my dad as a weekend woodworker. I've been a professional woodworker for 32 years. Used to build museum exhibits, now, I build custom stuff and install everything, kitchens and the custom work.

My shop has a 10" Ridgid table saw, model 3660, a Jet 17" drill press, a Craftsman 13" lunchbox planer, a Ridgid 6" jointer, a Ridgid 14" bandsaw and a Ridgid 10" radial arm saw. I have 2 44" mechanics tool chests full of woodworking tools. I had 2 sets when I built museums. Now, both are in my shop. I used to buy collections and break them up and sold them. I still enjoy building things with my hands and skills. I have 4 or 5 sets of chisels but I believe that I'll be going to Aldi's. I have a Worksharp 3000 that I use to sharpen my chisels, quick and effective. If anybody wants me to sharpen your chisels, hit me up. It doesn't take long.

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
This is cool, a real woodworking thread. I've had no choice but to be a woodworker. My grand father's were carpenters, my uncles and my dad as a weekend woodworker. I've been a professional woodworker for 32 years. Used to build museum exhibits, now, I build custom stuff and install everything, kitchens and the custom work.

My shop has a 10" Ridgid table saw, model 3660, a Jet 17" drill press, a Craftsman 13" lunchbox planer, a Ridgid 6" jointer, a Ridgid 14" bandsaw and a Ridgid 10" radial arm saw. I have 2 44" mechanics tool chests full of woodworking tools. I had 2 sets when I built museums. Now, both are in my shop. I used to buy collections and break them up and sold them. I still enjoy building things with my hands and skills. I have 4 or 5 sets of chisels but I believe that I'll be going to Aldi's. I have a Worksharp 3000 that I use to sharpen my chisels, quick and effective. If anybody wants me to sharpen your chisels, hit me up. It doesn't take long.
Sounds like an awesome woodshop.
I am jealous.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member

nice! I make no claim to be a woodworker.... I do like having the tools around to do work on wooden boats though.

SandieGarry

Sounds like an awesome woodshop.
I am jealous.

Come on over, use it if you need to. I wouldn't mind.

As for the tools, I only paid full price for a couple of them. I was lucky and bought most on clearance. I actually bought a Ridgid bandsaw, brand new in the box for 1 penny. I still have the receipt to prove it. Back when I worked building museums, I traveled all around the country. I had to go into Lowe's and Home Depot almost every day. I shopped for myself also. On my way home from Lorton, VA, I could hit 5 or 6 of each looking for deals.

Hi, my name is Garry. I have a tool hoarding addiction, :drool: