Gaited Shows in VA

T

TWHFAN1

Hey gaited pal's! I am a member of the Nokesville Horse Society in Va. They have great schooling shows for the gaited breeds. The whole show is gaited, they also have seperate Eng. and West. schooling shows. Anywho the gaited shows have many classes, ribbons for 7 places and res. and champion classes. They also have a year end thing. The list of shows should be out soon on thier site. Google Nokesville Horse Society Virginia. Should get ya there. The shows are at James Long Park just of route 66. Nice ring, great people! Not serious uptight people! Just fun to be had. Neat to see the different gaited breeds to. No "unnatural" equipment aloud! No big shoes or harsh bits. They have a list of rules for horses entered, for the better of the horse. Hope to see you all there this year!! :howdy:

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
What do people generally wear?

I have also forwarded this info to the president for the KMSH-NE division we are looking for places to hold events. It's a newly formed regional club, and Hopefully we can get in the schedule for this year?

I want to start showing off some of these lovely creatures i'm paying so much to feed, and care for :lol:

Last edited:
T

TWHFAN1

:flowers:
happyappygirl said:
What do people generally wear?

I have also forwarded this info to the president for the KMSH-NE division we are looking for places to hold events. It's a newly formed regional club, and Hopefully we can get in the schedule for this year?

I want to start showing off some of these lovely creatures i'm paying so much to feed, and care for :lol:

If you show saddle seat, it is the jodpurs, coat and top hat deal, but if your like me, you show laid back with nice blue leans ( Chaps optional ) nice riding boots (or cowboy boots if your really western ) with a slinky shirt or a nice button up blose. I show in an english endurance pleasure saddle, so I just try and look clean, nice and happy to have fun....WITH MY HARD HAT of course! Ya know, last year I wore a western hat and after the show I thought, Boy that was dumb...if fashion more impotant then safety?? NOT! E-mail the gaited coordinater listed on the site. Tell her Cassandra sent ya! :flowers:

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
TWHFAN1 said:
:flowers:

If you show saddle seat, it is the jodpurs, coat and top hat deal, but if your like me, you show laid back with nice blue leans ( Chaps optional ) nice riding boots (or cowboy boots if your really western ) with a slinky shirt or a nice button up blose. I show in an english endurance pleasure saddle, so I just try and look clean, nice and happy to have fun....WITH MY HARD HAT of course! Ya know, last year I wore a western hat and after the show I thought, Boy that was dumb...if fashion more impotant then safety?? NOT! E-mail the gaited coordinater listed on the site. Tell her Cassandra sent ya! :flowers:
what exactly IS saddle seat?

BTW, whoever was looking for a saddle seat instructor, Barb at Shamrock gives lessons. :biggrin: I might be taking her up on it. I think that's the way everyone i watch on Rockies shows...if it's what i'm thinking it is.

K

Katie

happyappygirl said:

BTW, whoever was looking for a saddle seat instructor, Barb at Shamrock gives lessons. :biggrin: I might be taking her up on it. I think that's the way everyone i watch on Rockies shows...if it's what i'm thinking it is.

Saddle seat is the other thing I ride. I can send you a picture of the saddle. There is very little there, but it is a lot of fun!! Well I think it is fun. :lmao:

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
happyappygirl said:

Its NOT for you.... :lmao:

SaddleSeatcrop.jpg

Tracy354300.jpg

K

Katie

Yeah that is about that. My cutback saddle there is nothing there.

I need to get a new saddle seat suit, my old one is just way to big.

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
:frown: I'll HAVE you know....a JUDGE just told me today in fact, that the last time she saw me demo my Daisy that i could put some of her competetors to shame in the Trail Pleasure classes with my riding style AND my filly (I didn't spend all this money for nothing!). TYVM. smartie pants. i want a royal Blue suit, or emerald green (to match my eyes) :biggrin: think i'll search ebay. can you help me find some jackets and jodphurs (sp?) on there?

Last edited:

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
happyappygirl said:
:frown: I'll HAVE you know....a JUDGE just told me today in fact, that the last time she saw me demo my Daisy that i could put some of her competetors to shame in the Trail Pleasure classes with my riding style AND my filly (I didn't spend all this money for nothing!). TYVM. smartie pants. i want a royal Blue suit, or emerald green (to match my eyes) :biggrin: think i'll search ebay. can you help me find some jackets and jodphurs (sp?) on there?

The judge to you and your horse to go SADDLESEAT?? I find that hard to believe...your mares are not broke to the long shanked high ported bits and double bridle and reins for this sport..sorry I find you more the pleasure gaited type...thats what I ment..not your STYLE of riding..

If you want to ride saddle seat look for a 3 piece riding suit on ebay...get a flat dressage saddle and a double bridle.

T

TWHFAN1

Go laid back like me!!

happyappygirl said:

Hey gal, I am telling ya, nice endurance or western saddle, clean jeans, chaps, boots and a cool shirt is all you need. The saddle seat people sure don't win over us laid back types. It is the horses gait that counts there!
All that other stuff is to much work! But if that is what you wish to do "U Go Girl!" Saddlebreed types go that way most of the time, us TWh KMH MP RMH Paso...etc, are much more laid back! :love:

SouthernMdRocks

R.I.P. Bobo, We miss you!
happyappygirl said:

Happy, I'll have to do inventory to see what's gonna fit me. Those suits can be quite $$. I've decided this year to try and do some more showing and have fun... too much work these days! Last year I got soooo pizzed off when the hubby used my hat box to start a fire. :buttkick:
Now my derby is all dusty!!

I think I've decided to register Prince as " SMdR's Pimp My Ride".. I like it, any other ideas, heh, what did you name your little guy?

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
I thought they had a saddle seat division...I cant find a prize list so I cant tell for sure..

SouthernMdRocks

R.I.P. Bobo, We miss you!
TWHFAN1 said:
Hey gal, I am telling ya, nice endurance or western saddle, clean jeans, chaps, boots and a cool shirt is all you need. The saddle seat people sure don't win over us laid back types. It is the horses gait that counts there!
All that other stuff is to much work! But if that is what you wish to do "U Go Girl!" Saddlebreed types go that way most of the time, us TWh KMH MP RMH Paso...etc, are much more laid back! :love:

In the bigger shows, you need the suit to show in the Trail Pleasure, Classic and Park classes. In the Western classes you don't need it of course.

K

Katie

SouthernMdRocks said:
Happy, I'll have to do inventory to see what's gonna fit me. Those suits can be quite $$. I've decided this year to try and do some more showing and have fun... too much work these days! Last year I got soooo pizzed off when the hubby used my hat box to start a fire. :buttkick:
Now my derby is all dusty!!

I think I've decided to register Prince as " SMdR's Pimp My Ride".. I like it, any other ideas, heh, what did you name your little guy?

OMG...I LOVE that name!!!

I have been looking at the suits, and the jaw has dropped. I need to take my measurements so I can get an exact size. Once I find my size I am going on Ebay and buying a beautiful day coat.

T

TWHFAN1

SouthernMdRocks said:
In the bigger shows, you need the suit to show in the Trail Pleasure, Classic and Park classes. In the Western classes you don't need it of course.

Not here, this is a schooling show. Everyone should look there best, but it is far from the "big " leagues..

T

TWHFAN1

Pasofever said:
I thought they had a saddle seat division...I cant find a prize list so I cant tell for sure..

They may have, I will look over last years class list. But I do not recall any Stanardbreds or Saddlebreeds there at all. I have a friend who shows with us on her SSH in a saddle seat saddle with all the bells and whistles. Anyway, I am excited for another year of just us gaited horse horse shows with out the pressure of those stupid "BIG LICK" people being there to ruin it!