Gaited Shows in VA

K

Katie

TWHFAN1 said:
Not here, this is a schooling show. Everyone should look there best, but it is far from the "big " leagues..

Kind of like smaller 4-h shows. Some kids came wearing dad's jackets.

I love trail classes, I wish there were more classes.

SouthernMdRocks

R.I.P. Bobo, We miss you!
Katie said:
OMG...I LOVE that name!!!

I have been looking at the suits, and the jaw has dropped. I need to take my measurements so I can get an exact size. Once I find my size I am going on Ebay and buying a beautiful day coat.

I'm not sure of the prices now, I bought my suit two summers ago and it was expensive then. I'll be on the look out as well for some good deals.

Glad you like the name, I think I'll be sticking with it. I'd like to show him off in some yearling classes this year.... hint, hint. :whistle:

K

Katie

SouthernMdRocks said:
I'm not sure of the prices now, I bought my suit two summers ago and it was expensive then. I'll be on the look out as well for some good deals.

Glad you like the name, I think I'll be sticking with it. I'd like to show him off in some yearling classes this year.... hint, hint. :whistle:

hehe...of course. He is kind of adorable beyond belief. Of course I love all your horses!

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
Pasofever said:
The judge to you and your horse to go SADDLESEAT?? I find that hard to believe...your mares are not broke to the long shanked high ported bits and double bridle and reins for this sport..sorry I find you more the pleasure gaited type...thats what I ment..not your STYLE of riding..

If you want to ride saddle seat look for a 3 piece riding suit on ebay...get a flat dressage saddle and a double bridle.
Oh i understand :lol: when i bought my first lexus, my kids said "MOM! WHAT are you thinking, you're not the lexus type!" :lol: I guess one never knows, but maybe they were right, RC calls it the farm lexus, you'd be amazed at how much grain or hay that trunk will hold :lol:

In the RMH classes you don't double bridle, nor do you have to use the long shanks, a Loose Jaw colt snaffle or gag bit is acceptable I use the colt snaffle (butterfly snaffle). The breed generally doesn't use the high ported bits on the long shanks, their palets are too low for them, they use mostly lowport curbs or broken bits with that rubber stuff stabilizing them. The Black Barefoot London treeless saddle is also approved to show in. I'll get one of those. I love them. So the show attire isn't all that stuffy any more, really. Here is the London, and a pic of Gambler, in his show bridle.

And I like the suit thingie. Dani (and her baby), Cocoa and Daisy are all show quality, Dani was shown quite a bit and Daisy (at almost 4) has a ton of potential (I bought her as show potential), just need to adjust her head set and keep her on the rail to be ready. Cocoa is a conformation quality yearling, but may not really be big enough at maturity to compete undersaddle, i'm not sure yet. Chester is also show quality, but not real big either. They need to be pretty big to be noticed - he's really my trail horse.

I bought 2 gorgeous black mares and 2 bay geldings (both bays are sold pending vet check) Friday. Rottncop's ready to kill me :lol:

Attachments

• london3.jpg
    london3.jpg
    3.1 KB · Views: 54
  • gambler008.jpg
    gambler008.jpg
    10.7 KB · Views: 84
Last edited:

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
happyappygirl said:
In the RMH classes you don't double bridle, nor do you have to use the long shanks, :

McFly that is what I was trying to say...then why would you take this breed and try to show it in a saddle seat class when that is what they ARE NOT.

K

Katie

happyappygirl said:
Oh i understand :lol: when i bought my first lexus, my kids said "MOM! WHAT are you thinking, you're not the lexus type!" :lol: I guess one never knows, but maybe they were right, RC calls it the farm lexus, you'd be amazed at how much grain or hay that trunk will hold :lol:

In the RMH classes you don't double bridle, nor do you have to use the long shanks, a Loose Jaw colt snaffle or gag bit is acceptable I use the colt snaffle (butterfly snaffle). The breed generally doesn't use the high ported bits on the long shanks, their palets are too low for them, they use mostly lowport curbs or broken bits with that rubber stuff stabilizing them. The Black Barefoot London treeless saddle is also approved to show in. I'll get one of those. I love them. So the show attire isn't all that stuffy any more, really. Here is the London, and a pic of Gambler, in his show bridle.

And I like the suit thingie. Dani (and her baby), Cocoa and Daisy are all show quality, Dani was shown quite a bit and Daisy (at almost 4) has a ton of potential (I bought her as show potential), just need to adjust her head set and keep her on the rail to be ready. Cocoa is a conformation quality yearling, but may not really be big enough at maturity to compete undersaddle, i'm not sure yet. Chester is also show quality, but not real big either. They need to be pretty big to be noticed - he's really my trail horse.

We just bought a 3 y/o 15.1h Bay show quality gelding too. He's for sale (so is the one Taylor's been riding, she's going to ride one of the new blacks since i don't need 3 Red Chocolate mares), I may not show the gelding...but if he's still here when the time comes, i will try him.

I bought 2 gorgeous black mares and the bay gelding Friday. Rottncop's ready to kill me :lol:

OMG he is beautiful!!!

OK..I think I am starting to drool over the Rockies now...

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
Pasofever said:
McFly that is what I was trying to say...then why would you take this breed and try to show it in a saddle seat class when that is what they ARE NOT.
It's not me honey, it's THEM. That's They way they're shown.

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
Pasofever said:
Happy are we on the same page????
prolly not :yawn: i'm tired....and cold. did you ride this weekend you weenie? I did :lol: BOTH days. BRR

It's not saddle seat classes...just attire for the peeps is in the same style. Most of mine are country pleasure, but they dress like saddleseat classes. Formal.

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
Katie said:
That suits him.

I love that mane and forelock.
you should see him in the flesh. his mane is below his muscular shoulders and covers his entire neck, which arches beautifully. His tail drags the ground even when he pops it up when he gaits. He is drop dead gorgeous.

K

Katie

happyappygirl said:
you should see him in the flesh. his mane is below his muscular shoulders and covers his entire neck, which arches beautifully. His tail drags the ground even when he pops it up when he gaits. He is drop dead gorgeous.

When the weather gets nicer I will come up to your place. It is just hard to play with the horses when you have no feeling in your toes. :lmao:

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
SouthernMdRocks said:
Happy, I'll have to do inventory to see what's gonna fit me. Those suits can be quite $$. I've decided this year to try and do some more showing and have fun... too much work these days! Last year I got soooo pizzed off when the hubby used my hat box to start a fire. :buttkick:
Now my derby is all dusty!!

I think I've decided to register Prince as " SMdR's Pimp My Ride".. I like it, any other ideas, heh, what did you name your little guy?
:lol: at least it was JUST the box and not the hat too :lol:
When are you going to show? what classes??

SouthernMdRocks

R.I.P. Bobo, We miss you!
happyappygirl said:
:lol: at least it was JUST the box and not the hat too :lol:
When are you going to show? what classes??

I'm thinking to try to start around the Apr. May timeframe. I need to see what's out there. There are usually some small ones in Bridgewater VA and then those in Lexington. I will try hopefully some of the bigger shows as well. The mare I am hoping to use will go Trail Pleasure.