Garage floor epoxy?

dustin

UAIOE
My parents are building a new house and the two car garage is gonna be used extensively for working on motorycles and cars. So there eventually will be grease and oil spots all over the concrete. My stepmom is into this idea cause she's all about having stuff lookin pretty...even the garage....

My questions is: Has anyone every used any type of the garage floor epoxy coatings? If so any hints on the process or a good place to buy?

The internet is chock full of different industrial types but the one I've seen advertised on TV is Muscle Gloss. Any input is greatly appreciated....TIA....

K

Kizzy

I used concrete paint in my garage and the oil just washes off with soap and water.

Ponytail

What we put down in wearhouses is a Xylene based concrete stain. It doesn't peel up like concrete paint does.

I've never used the Epoxy, but would think that it wouldn't be all that great for a "working" environment. Dunno though.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
I don't know about the epoxy paint for safety reasons. If the floor is too smooth you might have a problem with vehicles falling off jacks and jack stands.

Originally posted by Ken King
I don't know about the epoxy paint for safety reasons. If the floor is too smooth you might have a problem with vehicles falling off jacks and jack stands.
The epoxy paints come with something like sand that you spread on the floor between coats to make the floor non'skid. Everything I have seen on the epoxy paints has praised how well they work.

willie

I'm not sure if they carry it anymore but I got Aquapon epoxy by PPG from Deans a couple of years ago. They mixed it to a Silver shade. I put it on a little too thick and it took longer than normal for an epoxy to dry but it's hard as a rock. The floor takes continual floor jack and jack stand abuse and does have one small chip. There is no sand mixed in so it's a little slick if your in your socks but I like the shine.