Garage Frame Reconstruction

sn315on

Southern Gal
Hey, I hope to get some recommendations.

We need to get part of our house/garage frame reconstructed. Looks like there were termites before we moved in and they did some deep damage to the framework.

Can anyone please recommend some licensed contractors that could handle this pretty big job?

Thanks for any help!

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may...

Do it yourself. Get some termite terminator juice and spray on all wood. If just the walls, marry some new studs of the same length to the old ones. To replace the sill plate, (that piece of treated wood on the floor the walls are nailed to), jack up the wall from the rafters using a 4x4 across about 4 to 6 rafters and a 4x4 to lift with a good auto jack,or bottle jack. If the roof and trusses are shot, replaced first and repair the trusses, (it can be done), then work your way down, walls to sill plate. Much cheaper and the added bonus, you can say you did it all yourself.

CPUSA

Can this be covered by your insurance?
Has there been a complete investigation done that outlines the entire extent of damage?
A report should be provided to any builder you would use so they can bid it properly.
Unforeseen circumstances can get pricey

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

Did you just buy the property? If so, wasn't this noticed on the inspection report or disclosed prior to buying? If it's obvious, someone needs to be held accountable. Your Realtor, their Realtor, the property inspector etc.

sn315on

Southern Gal
If I may ...

Did you just buy the property? If so, wasn't this noticed on the inspection report or disclosed prior to buying? If it's obvious, someone needs to be held accountable. Your Realtor, their Realtor, the property inspector etc.

No we've lived here for over 10 years. We had termites two years ago, we noticed it over this past summer.

sn315on

Southern Gal
Can this be covered by your insurance?
Has there been a complete investigation done that outlines the entire extent of damage?
A report should be provided to any builder you would use so they can bid it properly.
Unforeseen circumstances can get pricey

No, we bought the house years ago.