Garden 2022

my-thyme

..if momma ain't happy...
Patron
I never plant melons, they take up too much room, I get mine from Sivaks Produce. But, when a 4 yr old grandson says we gotta plant some, we gotta plant some.

Was hoeing grass between them, got a little too close to one, and its struggling to hold on. Man, am I in trouble! That little boy reminds me every day that I killed his watermelon.

Good Lord.

Kinnakeet

garden 2022.png

I know I need to do some grass control but have not had much time

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
My maters are getting big! And a pleasant surprise; my mint patch had disappeared a couple years ago due to dogs using it as a pee spot. Out of nowhere, new mint plants have popped up in that spot again. And, sadly, the dogs are not longer with us, so the mint will get a break.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
My maters are getting big! And a pleasant surprise; my mint patch had disappeared a couple years ago due to dogs using it as a pee spot. Out of nowhere, new mint plants have popped up in that spot again. And, sadly, the dogs are not longer with us, so the mint will get a break.
The ex planted chocolate mint some 30 years ago. I keep mowing it down, it keeps coming back. It is a weed, after all.

my-thyme

Patron
I'll never forget the first time my teen boys noticed the hibiscus in my garden.

MOM!!!!

They didn't know whether to be proud or appalled.

my-thyme

Patron
Good haul from the auction this am. Wanted beans, but they were pricey.

0914221259~2.jpg

Garden fizzled early this year. I'm seriously considering not raising veggies next year, I can get all I need from the auction, save myself all that work.

phreddyp

View attachment 166148

Garden fizzled early this year. I'm seriously considering not raising veggies next year, I can get all I need from the auction, save myself all that work.
Wow what happened, my tomatoes ripened really late this year 1st ones just finished, next batch should be in a week or so.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron

View attachment 166148

Every time my daughter's garden needed tilling and/or planting it was too wet. We managed to get a few things planted and put weed block down, but for the most part it's a jungle. I love to garden when I can walk out the back door and give it an hour here and there. Remote gardening is too labor intensive for me now. I think this winter we'll build some raised boxes and buy lots of bagged topsoil.