Garden 2023

rio

Picked 3 5 gallon buckets of peas the other day, ended up with about 10 very full quart baggies in the freezer, should have another decent picking in a few days. Peas are a lot of work for the return,but so much better than store bought! Will have green beans to pick in a few days. Have peppers and cakes coming on steady, and tomatoes won't be much longer.

rio

Picked 3 5 gallon buckets of peas the other day, ended up with about 10 very full quart baggies in the freezer, should have another decent picking in a few days. Peas are a lot of work for the return,but so much better than store bought! Will have green beans to pick in a few days. Have peppers and cakes coming on steady, and tomatoes won't be much longer.
*cukes, damn auto correct!

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
My neighbor brought me some zucchini and yellow squash.

Reactions: rio

rio

My neighbor brought me some zucchini and yellow squash.
I'm getting some zucchini this evening from a friend. Can't wait for it on the grill! We have white squash (what my husband calls patty pan) that volunteered from last year that we'll pick this evening as well. Friend and I trade.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I'm getting some zucchini this evening from a friend. Can't wait for it on the grill! We have white squash (what my husband calls patty pan) that volunteered from last year that we'll pick this evening as well. Friend and I trade.
They like to share their bounty.

Reactions: rio

my-thyme

..if momma ain't happy...
Patron
0726231451~2.jpg

my-thyme

Patron
Got cucumbers? This is a fantastic way to use some. Will keep a week in the fridge. I've also sliced into sandwich rings, so good!

0722231432a~2.jpg

rio

I'm in the process of doing spaghetti sauce to put in jars right now.
Either this afternoon or tomorrow will do cucumber salsa and regular salsa.

my-thyme

Patron
Anyone want to try the tromboncino squash? Getting ready to be over run....

The figs are all mine, sorry.