Gas prices down!

Why are gas prices down this timeof year?

• Because Obama is our President

Votes: 2 7.7%
  • Because the economy is bad. People are driving less. The demand is down.

Votes: 17 65.4%
  • I don't care. Other.

Votes: 7 26.9%

• Total voters

Bay_Kat

Tropical
Funny, the Wawa in Prince Frederick was 2.17 yesterday and 2.21 this morning, the Wawa in Dunkirk, 2.09 yesterday and 2.09 again this morning, glad I waited until I got to Dunkirk.

As far as why, I have no idea, just hope the price keeps going down.

Cowgirl

Funny, the Wawa in Prince Frederick was 2.17 yesterday and 2.21 this morning, the Wawa in Dunkirk, 2.09 yesterday and 2.09 again this morning, glad I waited until I got to Dunkirk.

:tantrum: It's still $2.35 here.

I think it's only going down because there's a slight lull in travel. They're trying to make us feel good and they're going to wait until Labor Day to jack it back up.

SamSpade

Why do you think gas prices going down this time of year?

Among other things, because the economy is still in the tank. Les driving, less vacations, less discretionary money. People drive less because they can't afford to drive as much as before. Oil inventories are up, because people aren't buying as much gas.

Even more - after the summer ends, the amount of driving takes a big hit, so if the gas prices don't rise by August, they'll start to drop AGAIN.

Black-Francis

With my .20 discount I paid $1.96....That is unheard of during the summer...See, get those oil whores out of office and we have low gas prices!!

bcp

In My Opinion
Its going down because BCP has done all of his major travel for this year.

it went up right before I went on vacation, I get back and it starts going down, did the same thing last year.

I apologize for the rise due to my plans.

vbailey

vbailey
Its going down because BCP has done all of his major travel for this year.

it went up right before I went on vacation, I get back and it starts going down, did the same thing last year.

I apologize for the rise due to my plans.

I always thought is was my fault...but we did not go on vacation this year so it has to be your fault....LOL!!!

bcp

In My Opinion
I always thought is was my fault...but we did not go on vacation this year so it has to be your fault....LOL!!!
The rise and fall was more extreme last year, I suspect that we were both to blame for that one and the prices reacted accordingly.

H

HouseCat

Ha! You've actually gotten gas at Wa-Wa in the morning there? I can barely get in the parking lot to get a coffee. I quit going there; its madness. I wish they'd put another Wa-Wa south of PF. We really need one.

Highlander

ONE NATION UNDER GOD

I posted this poll just to get an idea how many people actually thought Obama was to thank. An Obama worshiper in my office told me the prices were down because Obama was in office this year. I just shook my head and walked away. I knew I could have a more intelligent conversation with the tree stump out back. What is wrong with these people?

H

HouseCat

I posted this poll just to get an idea how many people actually thought Obama was to thank. An Obama worshiper in my office told me the prices were down because Obama was in office this year. I just shook my head and walked away. I knew I could have a more intelligent conversation with the tree stump out back. What is wrong with these people?
You tried to have an intelligent conversation with an Obama supporter? :lmao:
:poorbaby: Bless your heart...

Larry Gude

Strung Out

They are correct but not for the benevolent reasons they may think.

I am sure that Obama has let it be known that he will not stand by while oil raises so high it destroys his agenda. The last thing he needs now is $3-4 a gallon gas. Once he gets his legislation down, then we'll see it climb.

Bay_Kat

Tropical

Okay, what gives? Passed the Dunkirk Wawa on the way home today and it's still 2.09, passed the Prince Frederick Wawa and it's now 2.24, why is it going up again?