Gay Navy Veteran Proposes to Marine

itsbob

I bowl overhand
You can't really say that they've "shoved anything down anyone's throat" (still no puns), if nhboy hadn't been trolling lgbt sites, you'd have never heard about this story.

TRUE, but;

In an exclusive, San Diego LGBT Weekly was there to photograph the historic proposal."

They invited journalists onto a military base to witness and document the proposal..

I would assume there are a LOT of hoops to jump through to get journalists from ANY magazine on a base for ANY reason. Either they told their command what they were doing, and got approval from the base commander for the LGBT journalists to be there, or they circumvented the rules (nice way of saying BROKE the rules) and the base commander wasn't even aware..

In today's environment they know the base commander (if in fact they did break the rules) will take NO action against them, as that would be construed to be homophobic, and against their rights.

I'm GUESSSING they blatantly broke the rules so they could have the opportunity to shove their lifestyle choices down everyone's throats (including the base commanders) with or without their consent.

Last edited:

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
TRUE, but;

In an exclusive, San Diego LGBT Weekly was there to photograph the historic proposal."

They invited journalists onto a military base to witness and document the proposal..

I would assume there are a LOT of hoops to jump through to get journalists from ANY magazine on a base for ANY reason. Either they told their command what they were doing, and got approval from the base commander for the LGBT journalists to be there, or they circumvented the rules (nice way of saying BROKE the rules) and the base commander wasn't even aware..

In today's environment they know the base commander (if in fact they did break the rules) will take NO action against them, as that would be construed to be homophobic, and against their rights.

I'm GUESSSING they blatantly broke the rules so they could have the opportunity to shove their lifestyle choices down everyone's throats (including the base commanders) with or without their consent.
You're going way out of your way to make this into some great homosexual conspiracy, that seems to say a lot more about you than it does about them.

renegadeslave

Obsidian Salamander
TRUE, but;

I don't know about that particular base, but here it's no big deal to get people on base at all. No permission needed from a base commander for each visitor.

You note that they were journalists from a LGBT magazine, right? That means it was meant for the LGBT community.