Gay & new to southern Maryland

Hessian

Why don't you start...

a) Hanging around the High Schools and seeing who looks lonely and rejected then try introducing them to your friends?
b) Starting an Aids awareness group...might even let you get into elementary schools?
c) Hang out at the bars and demand the Country-Western singer play YMCA?

you know me...just trying to be helpful to all those wonderful folks from GBLT.

(Gender-Bent-Lost-Types)

Esprix

camily said:
I would say your best bet would be asking around at one of the churches you mentioned. I must warn you that you may have opened a whole new can of worms by asking in these forums. But I say "Welcome!".

The MCC folks are very friendly and helpful and are their own social group on their own, of course, but many of the members aren't from down southern ways (the congregation meets in Annapolis). I'm going to be attending the UU church for the first time this coming Sunday, so we'll see what the folks there have to offer as well.

And why have I opened a can of worms? Does that mean this isn't a very queer-friendly board? I hope not - I'd hate to think I've moved someplace that's going to be intolerant. :(

Esprix

Esprix

Justanotherjoe said:
Tell me this means you're HAPPY to be in Southern Maryland............. :whistle:

Happy to be with my partner, not so happy to have moved here from sunny San Diego, but always gay, happy, and homo. :)

Esprix

V

Vixen

Esprix,

You answered my question at the same exact time I asked it. :lmao:

Esprix

vraiblonde said:
Pssst...Joe...he said he has a partner. He's not interested in you. Relax and unpucker your butt.

HA! Yes, good call on your part - happily partnered, thank you very much. ;)

Esprix

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Esprix said:
Does that mean this isn't a very queer-friendly board? I hope not - I'd hate to think I've moved someplace that's going to be intolerant.
It's like everywhere else - some don't care, some do. :shrug:

Esprix

christy217 said:
Welcome to Southern MD! I am queer as well, since we're all coming out! :) I'm a lesbian though, they're used to be a PFLAG group locally but they have sinced moved on, some people on here can be really mean, just ignore them that's what I do!

PM me and I will give you some other info if you like! :flowers:

Hey, thanks for the warm invite. I did see a few links to the PFLAG chapter, but that's not exactly what I was looking for anyway.

And yes, I'm getting a sense of what folks are like here, but that's ok - I've seen worse. ;)

Esprix

Esprix

Hessian said:
a) Hanging around the High Schools and seeing who looks lonely and rejected then try introducing them to your friends?
b) Starting an Aids awareness group...might even let you get into elementary schools?
c) Hang out at the bars and demand the Country-Western singer play YMCA?

you know me...just trying to be helpful to all those wonderful folks from GBLT.

(Gender-Bent-Lost-Types)

Wow, way to be a jerk.

Esprix

Esprix

vraiblonde said:
It's like everywhere else - some don't care, some do. :shrug:

Well moving from a big town like San Diego to someplace like Lexington Park, it's an adjustment, and unfortunately sometimes means a little less tolerance. Hopefully the folks here will be a little more on the "don't care" side of things. :)

Esprix

Esprix

Hessian said:
http://traditionalvalues.org/pdf_files/Diseases.pdf

always happy huh? Not down the road you are walking and I and thousands of other Marylanders won't be fooled.

"always gay & happy"...the charade continues.
Just do us a favor, keep your diseases to yourself ok?

Heh. You're funny. :) Since my partner and I have been together for several years, have remained monogamous, and have always played safe, I know we don't have anything to worry about - and neither do you as long as you promise not to have sex with us.

You have a weird way of flirting!

Esprix

Esprix

David said:
Esprix - I am of the opinion that one should not discuss their sexuality in public, whether it be heterosexual, homosexual, bisexual, or even asexual. It's a personal matter.

Thanks for the welcome, but I'm a little confused. If a man posted saying he and his wife had just moved to southern Maryland and were looking for a social group to meet new people, would they get the same admonition? I'm not the one that wants to discuss my sexuality - it seems others are determined to, though.

Esprix