Geneology

BuddyLee

Football addict
When I get the time for a new hobby I'd like to check up on some things. I know that I'm related to George Washington though.:yay:

fttrsbeerwench

BuddyLee can not tell a lie!!

LOL

Anyway, I love family history, I am even intersted in famlies that aren't mine. It's just cool to look up stuff and make connections. I had and uncle who was the Governor of Arkansas in the 60's and now I want to try to find how far back my Cherokee roots go. I have found one true full blooded relative(great great grandmother) but since the Cherokee are split between the Eastern and Western tribes back in the day, I am having trouble going past that..GRR! This is a very frustrating past time, but I have always gotten in to it. I still have the 15 generation family tree I did in the 7th grade.(Got an A plus!!) There are feild trips to the National Archives you can find through the local Geneology Society. If you aren't from here you best start is tax and death/marriage records from the area you last had alot of relatives. So far I have been able to go back to about 1780!!

Chain729

CageKicker Extraordinaire
fttrsbeerwench said:
BuddyLee can not tell a lie!!

LOL

Anyway, I love family history, I am even intersted in famlies that aren't mine. It's just cool to look up stuff and make connections.

Sweet. If by some miracle you can trace my father's side back before my grandfather (who's still alive) I'll give you a cookie :biggrin: Hell, even he doesn't know what day he was born :ohwell:

Congrads on tracing that far back. Like others have said, I haven't gotten around to starting yet.