Generator Question

Somewhere I have a video of a radically built Jeep competing in an offroad obstacle course racing event..hood up..heading for the finish line in "bursts", the spotter (passenger) sitting astride the engine compartment, spraying starting fluid in the intake whilst the driver hung out the side so he could see were to steer.

They made it. You actually can run an engine on starting fluid alone... ;-)

Off topic, but I always get a kick out of using starting fluid to inflate a tire.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
..hood up
..heading for the finish line in "bursts", the spotter (passenger) sitting astride the engine compartment,
spraying starting fluid in the intake whilst the driver hung out the side so he could see were to steer.

They made it. You actually can run an engine on starting fluid alone... ;-)

MacGuyver :nerd:

Chris0nllyn

OP, just to be sure, you followed the correct starting procedures? LP can be a PITA if you don't prime 2 seconds, put choke on full, pull, move choke to off and pull again.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I think the propane engines are a chinese OHV engine.

My 15kw Generac is propane and is definitely a Briggs and Stratton engine...Vanguard series I think it is. Mine is 10 years old or thereabouts. I wouldn't be surprised if they "cheaped out" on the newer and/or smaller models.

Chris0nllyn

My 15kw Generac is propane and is definitely a Briggs and Stratton engine...Vanguard series I think it is. Mine is 10 years old or thereabouts. I wouldn't be surprised if they "cheaped out" on the newer and/or smaller models.

Is yours portable, or stationary?