Get ready to ride

persimmoncf

Persimmon Creek Farm
Hosted by: The SMTR Board...Non-Profit Oganization promoting trailriding in So.Md.

When: Sunday, March 18, 2007 Where: Cedarville State Park

Ride Details Cost for the Trail Ride
·1 Negative Coggins required before unloading ·2 SMTR Members - $10.00
·3 Bring your own water for horses ·4 SMTR Kids - Free (12 & Under)
·5 Registration opens at 9:30 a.m. ·6 Non-Members - $15.00
·7 Riders start out at 11:00 a.m. ·8 Non-Member Kids - $10.00 (12 & Under)
·9 Food for sale after the ride Membership forms available at entry.

Directions:

From the South: Rt. 301 North thru Waldorf just past Pinefield watch for Cedarville Rd. on your right, there is also a sign, after crossing the tracks stay to the right, go about 2 miles and look for park entrance on the right.

From the North: Rt. 301 South towards Waldorf, Before you get to Waldorf get into the left lane, Cedarville Rd. will be a left turn. (there is a WaWa on the right, and Regency Furniture on the left just before the turn), Then follow above directions.

In case of bad weather…

In case of heavy rain, the ride will be cancelled. In case of questionable weather please call Lisa at 301-884-5208 or Mary at 301-934-3453, or check the SMTR website “News Flash!” section for the status of the ride.

Last edited:

flarenuphope

laura+flare= gone
i live like 5 min. from cederville, and i only went on there trails once... it was good trails too... but havent rode there in like 5 years. I really like smtr, i would like them even more if they had a fun show again.

mygoldnhorse

Cowgirl Up
flarenuphope said:
i live like 5 min. from cederville, and i only went on there trails once... it was good trails too... but havent rode there in like 5 years. I really like smtr, i would like them even more if they had a fun show again.

I think that is something we could look into.
L, do you remember the 1st time I met you? We were at Oakridge probably 4 years ago and it was for the Charles County Fair Horseshow. There was a reining class and you were the only one that had signed up for it. You were going to scratch but I talked you into doing it, convincing you if you just go in and run around fast and do some sliding stops etc you'd have it made. Well, I was very impressed, but little did I know that Litha Stone who was the judge knew a reining pattern very well. You were such a good sport. Since then I've always admired your advenurous spirit.

flarenuphope

laura+flare= gone
mygoldnhorse said:
I think that is something we could look into.
L, do you remember the 1st time I met you? We were at Oakridge probably 4 years ago and it was for the Charles County Fair Horseshow. There was a reining class and you were the only one that had signed up for it. You were going to scratch but I talked you into doing it, convincing you if you just go in and run around fast and do some sliding stops etc you'd have it made. Well, I was very impressed, but little did I know that Litha Stone who was the judge knew a reining pattern very well. You were such a good sport. Since then I've always admired your advenurous spirit.
:lmao: that was sooo much fun running around the ring, no one else would do it ,lol. O it would be awsome if we could get them to do a fun show again! I need to get in touch with PJ she and my club did it last time with smtr, my first 4h show.

mygoldnhorse

Cowgirl Up
flarenuphope said:
:lmao: that was sooo much fun running around the ring, no one else would do it ,lol. O it would be awsome if we could get them to do a fun show again! I need to get in touch with PJ she and my club did it last time with smtr, my first 4h show.
L go to the thread called...new schedule for SMHA.... I think I found the answer.

flarenuphope

laura+flare= gone
aps45819 said:
I rode to Charlotte Hall last Saturday morning. 18 degrees running at 75 up the road.
that sounds like somthing my dad would do, he has sevral bikes, but i have never ridden one, my dad drives crazy fast. He ridden up to a couple of my horse shows and im like, OMG, this is a horse show! but luckly no horses have spooked from his bike, lol.

mygoldnhorse

Cowgirl Up
remaxrealtor said:
If possible, will you guys snap some pics, I'll be with you in spirit, but I'd love to see how it goes. :huggy:
:howdy: We will get some pictures for you. We'll miss you and hope to see you back in the saddle soon :huggy:

mygoldnhorse

Cowgirl Up
Sunday's ride will be an awesome one. Lilhorsechick and I went out yesterday to mark trails. It was a wonderful Mother/daughter day out :huggy:, we were out for 4 1/2 hours. We found a new trail that we have never riden before that was great. Throughout the ride there are a couple of creek crossings and quite a few bridges but all the trails were very clear. You could tell that the park suffered alot of damage from the ice storm last month but they have done a great job cleaning up the trails.
Now you know there always has to be an adventure........WELL, there is a section of Cedarville that is a "managed HUNTING area" which on Sunday is not a problem but yesterday was Thursday. When we entered this area I was thinking there is no way anyone is hunting today so it won't be a problem marking this today. (now thinking back spring turkey may be in?) So we are riding along marking and when we get pretty deep into this area I see a truck.:yikes: so I'm thinking this is a HUNTER. I explain to lhc that this could be dangerous and we need to put it in high gear and get the hell out of this area. She tells me in a very calm voice that her horse is tired (she babies the hell out of her dam$ horse) and that she does not feel like making her canter. I took off and of course she was right behind me :lmao:. She now thinks I am nuts for panicing and said I have been watching too many movies.:smack: We didn't get too many ribbons hung in this area and there also is a pile of brush blocking the trail that needs to be moved and a few areas that needed to be trimmed. We were rolling along bobbing and weaving limbs and trees but made it out without being shot.
A little while later Plumloco calls to see how we're making out and when I told him he about died...... laughing. He said he will go out 1st and clean up the trail before the other riders get to this area. I think if you ride the whole trail that we marked it will be appoximately 15 miles of the 19 miles of trails at Cedarville.....but I have a place marked for those who want a shorter ride. And than another place to cut off an additional 2 miles. So this will be a very versatile trail ride. Hope to see you there!