Giants...

Larry Gude

Strung Out
...game pre-view.

Key to winning? One word: Tiki.

We stop, or at least control Barber and we win.

This guy is a long time Redskin killer and this year he is a league MVP candidate. He's that good.

Eli is a threat with the great recievers he has and Plaxico can be unstoppable at times but there's a lot of moving parts to a pass play; protection, the qb reading the defense correctly, defensive recognition and reaction, making a good throw in the face of perhaps a good d rush and making the catch.

Tiki just seems to simply need the ball and he makes it happen on screens and running plays.

The other guys can hurt us; Tiki WILL kill us.

Maybe I'm missing something but I just don't think the Giants D is all that good. They're 22nd in the whole league. So, again, Gibbs ought to just expect Mark to keep it up; Make plays.

Not having Randy hurts, a lot, but Portis is on a mission it seems. Also they can't double Cooley and Santana without being vulnerable somewhere else; Gibbs has to find that weak spot.

Maybe Jacobs finally has a huge game? Maybe hit Antonio Brown on a fly pattern? Sellers is there. Maybe Royal is the guy?

We kept coming up with answers against Dallas; a short pass on 3rd down to keep a drive alive, pop a run.

There it is; STOP Tiki. MAKE plays and Mark take care of the ball.

Can the fans lose their minds two weeks in a row? No let up. NO LET UP.

Daddy_O

Big Wheelin'
Pray for the Vikings, the Falcons and the cowboys to lose, as well as the Skins getting a win over the g-men, and we are in the playoffs!
woo hoo!

Otter

Nothing to see here
Larry Gude said:

Thats it..Skins need to start fast, just like the boys game..Get a lead and force Manning to pass, negating the running game, but spy Tiki out of the backfield. Secondary and linebackers need to come up big. Taylor needs to get some big hits, make the Giant receivers look like Terry Glenn last Sunday.

How many people would go to the game if you had tickets?? 1pm game on xmas eve, wonder how many wives would be ticked..:lol:

donbarzini

To take Burruss(sp?) out of the game, just give him to Sean Taylor for the 1st quarter. After a few smacks he'll get a case of alligator arms. Pittsburgh didn't give him the nickname "Plexiglass" for nothing. After the 1st quarter Taylor can concentrate on being the 8th man "in the box" and I GUARANTEE that the smarter Barber brother will put the ball on the ground twice.

Softballkid

No Longer the Kid
How many people would go to the game if you had tickets?? 1pm game on xmas eve, wonder how many wives would be ticked..:lol:[/QUOTE]

I got tickets, she aint my wife, but shes ticked about it... :lmao:

I do believe though, if the defence plays Saturday like they did Sunday, the will do a fine job handling Tiki, I dont Plexi will be a big deal, Shockey is a possiblity though...

D

dems4me

Larry Gude said:
...game pre-view.

We stop, or at least control Barber and we win.

This guy is a long time Redskin killer and this year he is a league MVP candidate. He's that good.

Eli is a threat with the great recievers he has and Plaxico can be unstoppable at times but there's a lot of moving parts to a pass play; protection, the qb reading the defense correctly, defensive recognition and reaction, making a good throw in the face of perhaps a good d rush and making the catch.

Tiki just seems to simply need the ball and he makes it happen on screens and running plays.

The other guys can hurt us; Tiki WILL kill us.

Maybe I'm missing something but I just don't think the Giants D is all that good. They're 22nd in the whole league. So, again, Gibbs ought to just expect Mark to keep it up; Make plays.

Not having Randy hurts, a lot, but Portis is on a mission it seems. Also they can't double Cooley and Santana without being vulnerable somewhere else; Gibbs has to find that weak spot.

Maybe Jacobs finally has a huge game? Maybe hit Antonio Brown on a fly pattern? Sellers is there. Maybe Royal is the guy?

We kept coming up with answers against Dallas; a short pass on 3rd down to keep a drive alive, pop a run.

There it is; STOP Tiki. MAKE plays and Mark take care of the ball.

Can the fans lose their minds two weeks in a row? No let up. NO LET UP.

I agree with most the parts on here I read, but what about Shockey? We can barely cover a receiver when Walt Harris is in (what a clown). What makes us think that we can stop an excellent, very atheltic and tall, high caliber tightend like Shockey? We will probably blitz alot but we do get burned on it on the short passes to the tightends. He also receives screen passes and quick slants across the middle as well, can take a hit as well as deliver a hit and hold onto the ball. :shrug: Will Arrington be well enough yet to play this weekend? :shrug:

Softballkid

No Longer the Kid
dems4me said:
I agree with most the parts on here I read, but what about Shockey? We can barely cover a receiver when Walt Harris is in (what a clown). What makes us think that we can stop an excellent, very atheltic and tall, high caliber tightend like Shockey? We will probably blitz alot but we do get burned on it on the short passes to the tightends. He also receives screen passes and quick slants across the middle as well, can take a hit as well as deliver a hit and hold onto the ball. :shrug: Will Arrington be well enough yet to play this weekend? :shrug:

An answer for the shockey deal could be.... I believe he wears # 53, last name Washington, let him crack shockey a few times like he hit Witten Sunday night, an I believe Shockey will ask to pass block an run block instead of goin into the flats..haha, As for Harris, he aint that bad..jus at times gets to excited tryin to do to much...

D

dems4me

Softballkid said:
An answer for the shockey deal could be.... I believe he wears # 53, last name Washington, let him crack shockey a few times like he hit Witten Sunday night, an I believe Shockey will ask to pass block an run block instead of goin into the flats..haha, As for Harris, he aint that bad..jus at times gets to excited tryin to do to much...

Harris stinks :mad: I like it better when Rogers is in personally. Washington is not a match for Shockey, Shockey is a really big kid. :shrug: Heck he's a frickn' freak of nature out there. :lol: He's a horse! :jet: Will Airrington be well enough to play?:shrug:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Not as I understand it...

Daddy_O said:
Pray for the Vikings, the Falcons and the cowboys to lose, as well as the Skins getting a win over the g-men, and we are in the playoffs!
woo hoo!

...all we have to do is win this week and next..we don't need help.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Taylor!!!

otter said:
Thats it..Skins need to start fast, just like the boys game..Get a lead and force Manning to pass, negating the running game, but spy Tiki out of the backfield. Secondary and linebackers need to come up big. Taylor needs to get some big hits, make the Giant receivers look like Terry Glenn last Sunday.

How many people would go to the game if you had tickets?? 1pm game on xmas eve, wonder how many wives would be ticked..:lol:

...I swear to God that boy is going to hurt someone. I guess you could see on TV but, damn, he just throws his whole body at a atarget, like Ronnie Lott.

He missed Thomas on one play and landed and rolled 10 yards.

On our second TD, who got stuffed on the first play after Moss' layout grab? And who hit them? I think it was Betts???

It looked like he literally hit a wall!!

Otter

Nothing to see here
Larry Gude said:

Think Daddio's point was we could wrap up a spot this week if we win and those teams all lose

D

dems4me

Larry Gude said:

I heard we just need to win this week and if Dallas loses, falcolns loose and minnesota loses we are automatically in that way too! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Hip!!! Hip!!! Horray!!!!! Go Skins!!! :clap: :clap:

Daddy_O

Big Wheelin'
correct, we control our own destiny by winning out, thanks to us losing mainly against AFC oponents, but could get lucky this week with the other 3 teams bouncing out for us.

either way, GO SKINS!!!!!

D

dems4me

Give me a break, the NY Post is already talking smack about us and is calling it "New York takes over Washington" or something like that and that just makes me :tantrum: :cussing: :burning: Funny Fox 5 says they should look at the Vegas Headlines... Vegas Likes the Skins!!! :roflmao: We are favored by three, but I hear thats a push because generally the home teams are favored by 3 :ohwell:
But Arrington is favored to play!!! :clap:

Last edited by a moderator: