Gibbs/Snyder press conference...

Coventry17

Simple, Cooley is slower (ala TE). It would benefit Moss and the team to have a tall 'quick' receiver (ala WR).

I agree though, Cooley should get the ball a lot more.

Let me get this straight.... you want the Redskins to go out and sign ANOTHER wide receiver? Do you realize your WR corps is already the highest paid group in the NFL? Brandon Lloyd, Antwaan Randel-El and Santana Moss are all being paid #1 wide receiver money and Moss is the only #1 in the group. Lloyd wasn't even activated for all the games this year because of his attitude and poor work ethic. The Redskins are going to have to make major cuts to their roster just to be able to sign their draft picks next year.

T

toppick08

Let me get this straight.... you want the Redskins to go out and sign ANOTHER wide receiver? Do you realize your WR corps is already the highest paid group in the NFL? Brandon Lloyd, Antwaan Randel-El and Santana Moss are all being paid #1 wide receiver money and Moss is the only #1 in the group. Lloyd wasn't even activated for all the games this year because of his attitude and poor work ethic. The Redskins are going to have to make major cuts to their roster just to be able to sign their draft picks next year.

Go Brett Favre.........:howdy:

vanbells

Pookieboo!!!
He was 4th in touchdowns with eleven only behind LT, Addai, and Peterson. I'd say that's some good running back company to be grouped with.

Peterson was scoring eleven touchdowns a game. :lmao: Portis only had those yard because Gibbs would always run the ball every play.

Last edited:

BuddyLee

Football addict

What I and other fans want and what the suits actually do are polar opposites at the moment. I'd like to see a tall physical receiver and not another mold that we have five-times over already.

PsyOps

Pixelated
Simple, Cooley is slower (ala TE). It would benefit Moss and the team to have a tall 'quick' receiver (ala WR).

I agree though, Cooley should get the ball a lot more.

Actually I don't think Cooley is that much slower; and he has the size advantage that Moss doesn't have. As I said Cooley runs like Riggins. He would serve well as a full back. But if you compare boths Cooley's and Moss' stats, they are not that much different, yard-for-yard.

BuddyLee

Football addict
Actually I don't think Cooley is that much slower; and he has the size advantage that Moss doesn't have. As I said Cooley runs like Riggins. He would serve well as a full back. But if you compare boths Cooley's and Moss' stats, they are not that much different, yard-for-yard.

I agree with everything except for the speed factor. Although Cooley always finds that opening in the middle, sometimes he just doesn't have that WR quick burst to get separation.

If I could chose who had the ball, definitely Cooley!

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Of course...

...look at the dominant teams in the league; Indy, NE, Dallas. They all have a larger stud WR. Lloyd was supposed to fill that role.

Look at all the plays we can't run, jump ball in the endzone, deep ball into coverage, deep crosses, because we don't have a tall, fast guy who has a chance of coming down with it or being able to take the big hit.

Ever see a Redskin receiver get blasted going across the middle? We don't even run it. We do sit downs in the zone. Other teams attack that with a big guy on the move.

Wayne, Randy Moss, TO, the army of big guys in Phoenix, Plax, we are hurting for a true #1 WR.

PsyOps

Pixelated
I agree with everything except for the speed factor. Although Cooley always finds that opening in the middle, sometimes he just doesn't have that WR quick burst to get separation.

If I could chose who had the ball, definitely Cooley!

And perhaps this is where the problem may lie. I wonder how much goes into these big money guys like Moss and Portis that demand (under their contract) a certain number of touches with the ball. Give the ball more to Betts and watch how his performance goes through the roof. Portis touched the ball 3 times more than Betts yet, on average, they both gained the same amount of yards per run. I think Betts is a much more explosive runner than Portis. Randle El is a good compliment to Moss and far more versatile. But he doesn't get as many touches as Moss for some reason. Moss had nearly twice as many receptions as Randle El, yet El played more games than Moss. They just don't evenly utilize their players and they have a strong compliment of players. I just can't help but believe it's a contractual thing.

Coventry17

...look at the dominant teams in the league; Indy, NE, Dallas. They all have a larger stud WR. Lloyd was supposed to fill that role.

Look at all the plays we can't run, jump ball in the endzone, deep ball into coverage, deep crosses, because we don't have a tall, fast guy who has a chance of coming down with it or being able to take the big hit.

Ever see a Redskin receiver get blasted going across the middle? We don't even run it. We do sit downs in the zone. Other teams attack that with a big guy on the move.

Wayne, Randy Moss, TO, the army of big guys in Phoenix, Plax, we are hurting for a true #1 WR.

Keyshawn is looking for work..... :lmao: