Gift that keeps giving

kelb

art imitating life
I was reading up on donating my eggs for someone that cant get pregnant. I would love to do this and I read up on the side effects but I was wondering if anyone here has ever done this and what their experience was with it? I think it would be an amazing thing to help a family that can't have babies.

bresamil

wandering aimlessly
I had considered this at one time, but was too concerned one of my children would meet and fall in love with one of my "unknown" children.

Adoption is a wonderful thing, and I hope those that can't have children of their own consider sharing their love with a child that needs it.

Mojo

I was reading up on donating my eggs for someone that cant get pregnant. I would love to do this and I read up on the side effects but I was wondering if anyone here has ever done this and what their experience was with it? I think it would be an amazing thing to help a family that can't have babies.

Wouldn't you always wonder what your kid was like?

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
:bawl: I don't have any more eggs. :bawl:

But......... like Mojo said, I'd always wonder what they looked like, where they lived, how they were doing, etc. Every person I'd see, I'd wonder about.

WidowLady06

lost in the numbers
I thought about it for a while, but I have a health issue and they won't accept mine. The only thing that bothered me was that it's apparently supposed to be painful. Not sure if it's bleeding from the eyeballs painful or my pants are too tight painful, but I don't likey pain.

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones

I considered it too once upon a time. I don't know that I could now that I've had the ol' cut and burn. I think it's an awesome thing to do and am also of the opinion that the world could use a little more of my DNA running around.

lovinmaryland

I considered it too once upon a time. I don't know that I could now that I've had the ol' cut and burn. I think it's an awesome thing to do and am also of the opinion that the world could use a little more of my DNA running around.

:lol: :huggy:

My sister in law actually has had 3 surgogate babies using her own eggs and the other persons sperm. The first 2 she did before she was involved w/ my brother and the last one was while they were first together... it actually turned out to be too hard on him ... watching her body change and grow and feel the baby kicking etc.

She is in contact w/ all three of the families that she had the babies for and gets pictures every few months she really enjoyed helping give a couple a chance at having their own family.

kelb

art imitating life
:lol: :huggy:

My sister in law actually has had 3 surgogate babies using her own eggs and the other persons sperm. The first 2 she did before she was involved w/ my brother and the last one was while they were first together... it actually turned out to be too hard on him ... watching her body change and grow and feel the baby kicking etc.

She is in contact w/ all three of the families that she had the babies for and gets pictures every few months she really enjoyed helping give a couple a chance at having their own family.

I think that is wonderful. I'm nor sure that I could be a surogate mom but I dont think that donating my eggs would bother me as much. Just like a guy donating sperm.

lovinmaryland

I think that is wonderful. I'm nor sure that I could be a surogate mom but I dont think that donating my eggs would bother me as much. Just like a guy donating sperm.

I am pretty sure she has done that as well (I just sent her an email for info for you) because I can recall that she had to give her self shots in the ass for 30 or so days to help produce extra eggs (but that may have been for the inception for the surogacy)

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones

There is little more in life that I disliked more than being pregnant. I'd have had 20 babies if I didn't have to actually birth them. :lmao:

kelb

art imitating life
There is little more in life that I disliked more than being pregnant. I'd have had 20 babies if I didn't have to actually birth them. :lmao:

:lol: I have no desire to be pregnant. I have heard that you get shots when you donate eggs that make you feel preggers. Weight gaine, throwing up, mood swings... things like that.. I just dont know how true it is.

HeadCase

IT's ALL RED
Jmo

But I think this could open a can of worms with the next generation looking like imbread monkeys with flippers.

NO WAY...

I'll keep my own eggs because even healthy they are still questionable.

There are plenty of adoptable children needing homes. You shouldn't mess with the gene pool considering most already look like that and are "healthy".

kelb

art imitating life
But I think this could open a can of worms with the next generation looking like imbread monkeys with flippers.

NO WAY...

I'll keep my own eggs because even healthy they are still questionable.

There are plenty of adoptable children needing homes. You shouldn't mess with the gene pool considering most already look like that and are "healthy".

So I should not help out needy familys that may want to try to carry their own babies because of inbreeding? :confused: So you think my cousin might want my eggs?

HeadCase

IT's ALL RED
So I should not help out needy familys that may want to try to carry their own babies because of inbreeding? :confused: So you think my cousin might want my eggs?

No....it was just a joke... Do what your heart tells you to do and don't second guess yourself because of my "questionable" eggs.

:huggy:

H

HouseCat

You could end up paying child support one day.
Probably have an affidavit you sign releasing you from all obligations. I would hope.. that would be f'd up if you donated your eggs out of the goodness of your heart, and then get slammed like that.
Stranger things have happened though.

SShewbert

What love is all about
I have thought about it but heard it is painful for them to get the eggs once they are ready to. Also you have to do things to increase your egg count. I think it was like what others said and giving yourself shots or getting shots. Also you can't have intercourse while this is happening. Not so sure my husband would be happy with that idea. I have also considered being a surrogate(sp?) but I would not be able to carry a child for 9 months and then just give it away.