Girl, 16, says teacher at Port Richmond...

Bay_Kat

Tropical
..school ridiculed her Romney T-shirt

Sorry if this was posted already, haven't been able to keep up today, plus everything is getting buried under nhboys threads.

I can't believe a teacher would do this, what is wrong with people?

A geometry teacher at Charles Carroll High School, in Port Richmond, on Friday ridiculed Pawlucy, 16, for wearing a "Romney/Ryan" T-shirt and told her to leave class, her mother, Kristine, told the Daily News Wednesday night.

The teacher told Samantha, " 'Your wearing a Romney shirt is like me wearing a KKK shirt,' " according to her parents, who said they intend to file a formal complaint Thursday with the district and the school.

The teacher was identified by Kristine Pawlucy, but the People Paper is withholding her name because she couldn't be reached for comment.

The teacher opened the classroom door and "screamed out, 'This girl is wearing a Romney/Ryan shirt in my classroom!' " Pawlucy said.

The teacher invited an assistant and other students in to look at her shirt, which Samantha wore for the twice-monthly "Dress Down Day," Pawlucy said.

Girl, 16, says teacher at Port Richmond school ridiculed her Romney T-shirt - Philly.com

Bay_Kat

Tropical
would you have been fine with this situation if the girl were wearing an Obama shirt?

Not at all, it's called Freedom of Speech.

I think the teacher handled it very poorly and for her to say something like that was just plain nasty, to top it off she called other teachers and students into her classroom to see the shirt and no doubt ridicule the girl further was just downright wrong.

Last edited:

MarieB

I'll wait for confirmation that it's true...........

on a side note, do you think she wanted to wear the shirt or the parents prompted her to wear the shirt?

My kids are younger. Is it typical for a 16 year old to be politically active these days? (in general of course)

and to add - politically active enough to wear the tshirt to school

Last edited:

Needles

on a side note, do you think she wanted to wear the shirt or the parents prompted her to wear the shirt?

My kids are younger. Is it typical for a 16 year old to be politically active these days? (in general of course)

Yeah, and it is pretty goddamn annoying considering you can't even vote

Bay_Kat

Tropical

My 14 year old is and I hate getting into debates with her, unfortunately we have very different views. But they are HER views and if she feels strongly about them, then I'm not going to try to change her mind.

Lurk

Happy Creepy Ass Cracka
Not at all, it's called Freedom of Speech.

I think the teacher handled it very poorly and for her to say something like that was just plain nasty, to top it off she called other teachers and students into her classroom to see the shirt and no doubt ridicule the girl further was just downright wrong.

It's pretty obvious that this young woman is a racial minority student in this Democratic school.