Girl, 9, Barred from school...

Retrodeb54

Surely you jest ...
Shes back in. It was a stupid move on the schools part, they knew she did it to support a friend with cancer.

:coffee:

somdwatch

With my Kids grown and all, makes me think more that Homeschooling is the right way to go. At least the parents can teach them the truth, rather than the "Liberal Truth".

TPD

the poor dad
Now see - this is part of the problem with our children today - we teach them that it is ok to break rules and not be punished. My daughter goes to a private school and she knows there is a dress code. She refers to the handbook numerous times throughout the year and she knows mommy and daddy are NOT going to stick up for her if she violates the rules in school. The proper way for this to have been handled BY THE STUDENT was to first approach the principal about her idea. If the administration didn't agree, she knows the consequences and should be ready to face the jury - don't complain to the world.

b23hqb

PREMO Member
Now see - this is part of the problem with our children today - we teach them that it is ok to break rules and not be punished. My daughter goes to a private school and she knows there is a dress code. She refers to the handbook numerous times throughout the year and she knows mommy and daddy are NOT going to stick up for her if she violates the rules in school. The proper way for this to have been handled BY THE STUDENT was to first approach the principal about her idea. If the administration didn't agree, she knows the consequences and should be ready to face the jury - don't complain to the world.

Your approach to the problem is correct, but how many 9 yo's will think to do that in advance? We have millions of adults that don't think before they do stuff. Most kids that age would leave that up to their parents eyeballing them out the door for school.

Our youngest is a Jr in HS, a public high school. They have dress and hair codes as well. Same as our older twins. I would have to say that I have never thought about shaved heads, from 1992 - now, until today, especially in grade school. Some of the sports teams shave their heads as a pledge of unity at the beginning of the season.

Still, that appears to have been the rule, and I think that the school just way knee-jerked overreacted without thinking anything through.

So there is blame of non-communication on both sides here.