Girl dies in washing machine

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20050805/ap_on_re_us/washing_machine_death

MARION, Va. - The mother of a 5-year-old girl
who died in a coin-operated washer sued the
machine's manufacturer, saying it started up
with the child inside even though no money
had been put into the machine.

I have to wonder what was the kid was doing in the machine and how did she get there? How did the door get shut? Perhaps the co. is partially to blame and it must have been horrible for the mom, but s*** ! Don't try this at home folks.

meangirl

Nice lady!
desertrat said:
I have to wonder what was the kid was doing in the machine and how did she get there? How did the door get shut? Perhaps the co. is partially to blame and it must have been horrible for the mom, but s*** ! Don't try this at home folks.

Hope's 14-year-old half brother has been charged with involuntary manslaughter in her death. Officials have refused to explain the details of his alleged involvement. But in a statement issued Friday, the Wagoner family said, "Our son would never have hurt his sister" and did not have 11 quarters

When this first happened it was said the brother put her in there...

hvp05

Methodically disorganized
desertrat said:
I have to wonder what was the kid was doing in the machine and how did she get there? How did the door get shut? Perhaps the co. is partially to blame
It is an all-around tragedy. The girl and her half-brother must have been playing around, somehow it started up and it all happened in the mother's absence. I am curious why the door can not be opened once the cycle has started. And I am unsure that the half-brother should be convicted; it would hinge on if he knew the potential effect of his actions and what his intent was.

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
hvp05 said:
I am curious why the door can not be opened once the cycle has started.
Since it takes 11 quarters to run it, it must have been one of the big front loading machines. Once they start to fill, the door locks so you don't accidently open it and dump the water out.

meangirl

Nice lady!
hvp05 said:
:biggrin: I wasn't around then...

It's a different article anyway...the first one was about the girl dying. This one is about her mother suing the machine's manufacturer. :peace:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
tomchamp said:
You seem to like to point out when people start threads that you started. However yours was when in first happened. This NEW THREAD is about the lawsuit. Big Diff! :whistle:

Desertrat stated that was the first he heard about the incedent. I posted my thread because it had the original story link to it. :razz:

mAlice

professional daydreamer
tomchamp said:
You seem to like to point out when people start threads that you started. However yours was when in first happened. This NEW THREAD is about the lawsuit. Big Diff! :whistle:

Maybe she posted it so if anyone wasn't familiar with the story, they could bring themselves up to date.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
meangirl said:
It's a different article anyway...the first one was about the girl dying. This one is about her mother suing the machine's manufacturer. :peace:
TY.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
RoseRed said:
Desertrat stated that was the first he heard about the incedent. I posted my thread because it had the original story link to it. :razz:

Just as I suspected.