Glycolic Peels

jwwb2000

pretty black roses
If my spelling is off, sorry. But anyway, I know some of you ladies on here know all about these types of peels and using a glycolic solution. My question to you is this, is there a special moisturizer/lotion I should be using after using an 8% glycolic solution?

Let me add this isn't the actual peel but a solution. The directions say to allow to dry and apply moisturizer. My daily moisturizer isn't cutting it so I thought I would see what you ladies use when you do a peel or something similar to this solution.

Last edited:

punjabigyrl

What brand of peel are you using? I have found that using the goldbond ultimate healing skin therapy lotion works best.

jwwb2000

pretty black roses
punjabigyrl said:
What brand of peel are you using? I have found that using the goldbond ultimate healing skin therapy lotion works best.

It is from an online store. I will have to look at the name when I get home.

mygoldnhorse

Cowgirl Up
jwwb2000 said:
If my spelling is off, sorry. But anyway, I know some of you ladies on here know all about these types of peels and using a glycolic solution. My question to you is this, is there a special moisturizer/lotion I should be using after using an 8% glycolic solution?

Let me add this isn't the actual peel but a solution. The directions say to allow to dry and apply moisturizer. My daily moisturizer isn't cutting it so I thought I would see what you ladies use when you do a peel or something similar to this solution.

Maybe you can pm Morganj614 she's the one I would ask if I this a question. She is a pro.

morganj614

jwwb2000 said:

If you are flaking try Nivea Creme or vaseline and cut way back on the glycolic solution. :yay:

TWLs wife

jwwb2000 said:

With what I learned in Von-Lee skincare school. Over the counter Glycolic Peels are not safe. They put to much Glycolic in the peels. It would burn your face with chemcals. Chemcals burns are real hard to get rid of.
Please be safe. :huggy:

crabcake

But wait, there's more...
TWL's wife said:
With what I learned in Von-Lee skincare school. Over the counter Glycolic Peels are not safe. They put to much Glycolic in the peels. It would burn your face with chemcals. Chemcals burns are real hard to get rid of.

How long ago was that? :confused: Peels are a common practice in salons and dermatologist offices these days. :shrug:

morganj614

TWL's wife said:

The glycolic acid is a very mild method of exfoliation. What I use from Target, made by L'oreal, does not hurt my skin. It will also help make my 15% TCA peel last longer.

The alpha/beta hydroxy peels are the mildest then the TCA and the one that really burns and needs sedation is the Phenol. I know many people that have had peels and no one has been burned.

jwwb is using a glycolic wash solution. She is having some flaking. Cetaphil is non-comedogenic and I washed my face with that after I did the peel :yay:

TWLs wife

crabcake said:
How long ago was that? :confused: Peels are a common practice in salons and dermatologist offices these days. :shrug:
Only if get the kind in the salons & dermatologist offices. Those are the safe place to buy them.

morganj614

TWL's wife said:
Only if get the kind in the salons & dermatologist offices. Those are the safe place to buy them.

That is just not true. 3 of us just did peels that I bought after MUCH research. I did 3 peels, 3 weeks apart. The others are on their second peel. Why pay $250-$2000 to a salon? If you do the research and can follow directions, you can do it safely. Von Lee needs to update their books

crabcake

But wait, there's more...
TWL's wife said:

You didn't answer my question. How long ago did you go to "Beauty School"? :shrug:

morganj614

Nanny Pam said:
I am still loving my microdermabrasion thing 3 times a week. :howdy:

I can start that back up in 2 more weeks. I do it twice a week and a L'Oreal glycolic peel 2 times a week :huggy:

Nanny Pam

Chasey_Lane said:
What changes have you noticed?
Well, I have been doing it for ....maybe a year? I forget...
I noticed within a week that my skin was getting smoother.
The day after I do it is the best. Bare minerals glide on. I love that baby smoothness.

TWLs wife

crabcake said:
You didn't answer my question. How long ago did you go to "Beauty School"? :shrug:
It's been about 7 years now. Also in the last few years I had to save friends who got burned by the drug store peels. But it's up to you on what you do. :shrug:

morganj614

TWL's wife said:
It's been about 7 years now. Also in the last few years I had to save friends who got burned by the drug store peels. But it's up to you on what you do. :shrug:

How did you save them?

The acid I bought was not from a drugstore but from a company that specializes in skin care.

If you research and can follow directions, they are completely safe :duh: