Glycolic Peels

TWLs wife

morganj614 said:
How did you save them?

The acid I bought was not from a drugstore but from a company that specializes in skin care.

If you research and can follow directions, they are completely safe :duh:
I won't say names. But at your own risk. Just a warning.

meangirl

Nice lady!
TWL's wife said:
I won't say names. But at your own risk. Just a warning.

Tigg, my sister also went to "beauty school" :lol:...now she works at Aveda in Georgetown. She is the one who told me about the home chemical peels and how safe they are nowadays. :huggy:

crabcake

But wait, there's more...
meangirl said:
Tigg, my sister also went to "beauty school" :lol:...now she works at Aveda in Georgetown. She is the one who told me about the home chemical peels and how safe they are nowadays. :huggy:

One who puts their education into practice is far more reliable, IMO. There is a lot of ongoing education that you must have to maintain your license. As times change, so do products and their level of safety, but you wouldn't know that unless you're practicing the business. :yay:

Tigg, if you went to Beauty School, why don't you go back to work in that line of profession? :shrug:

meangirl

Nice lady!
reputation_pos.gif
Glycolic Peels02-20-2007 08:22 PM Tigg went to beauty school, graduated and was licensed.

I know she did. Did I say she didn't somewhere? :jameo:

morganj614

TWL's wife said:
I told how to clear up the burns with drying out their skin.

Antibiotic ointment keeps the skin moist. Chemical peels are mild burns :shrug:
You use the ointment for 2 days. We got 5 pages of instructions from beginning to end of the peel.
If you prefer to pay someone for something you can do yourself, do it. I like DIY stuff.

mygoldnhorse

Cowgirl Up
morganj614 said:
The glycolic acid is a very mild method of exfoliation. What I use from Target, made by L'oreal, does not hurt my skin. It will also help make my 15% TCA peel last longer.

The alpha/beta hydroxy peels are the mildest then the TCA and the one that really burns and needs sedation is the Phenol. I know many people that have had peels and no one has been burned.

jwwb is using a glycolic wash solution. She is having some flaking. Cetaphil is non-comedogenic and I washed my face with that after I did the peel :yay:

You are all that! IMHO!
I havn't done a peel yet, but I have had a laser treatment done on the rosacea that I have on my cheeks. I also have had a microdermobrasion 2 times. I love it and my skin is smoother than ever, I am definitely hooked.

morganj614

mygoldnhorse said:
You are all that! IMHO!
I havn't done a peel yet, but I have had a laser treatment done on the rosacea that I have on my cheeks. I also have had a microdermobrasion 2 times. I love it and my skin is smoother than ever, I am definitely hooked.

:howdy:
Did you have professional dermabrasion? Did it hurt? How's the laser working on the rosacea? I read up on one laser procedure done in a dermatologists office but it was around $2000.

I am still having slight breakouts on my left cheek but it is much better now.
We need to take care of our own skin. There was no sunscreen around way back when and we can't reverse any of that sun damage.

mygoldnhorse

Cowgirl Up
morganj614 said:
:howdy:
Did you have professional dermabrasion? Did it hurt? How's the laser working on the rosacea? I read up on one laser procedure done in a dermatologists office but it was around $2000.

I am still having slight breakouts on my left cheek but it is much better now.
We need to take care of our own skin. There was no sunscreen around way back when and we can't reverse any of that sun damage.

Yes I had a professional dermabrasion. I wouldn't say it hurt just a little discomfort. But the results have been so worth it. I've had 1 laser treatment and can not beleive what it did to the rosacea. I have never worn face make up so there was no way for me to cover it, so I had it zapped. And you are right about taking care of our skin. My 15 yr old daughter went with me last week and afterwards we talked about how important it is for her to protect her face from sun damage. I wish someone would of told me.

But you have been such an inspiration. I'm just not as brave as you are :razz:.

SoftballCrazy

mygoldnhorse said:
Yes I had a professional dermabrasion. I wouldn't say it hurt just a little discomfort. But the results have been so worth it. I've had 1 laser treatment and can not beleive what it did to the rosacea. I have never worn face make up so there was no way for me to cover it, so I had it zapped. And you are right about taking care of our skin. My 15 yr old daughter went with me last week and afterwards we talked about how important it is for her to protect her face from sun damage. I wish someone would of told me.

But you have been such an inspiration. I'm just not as brave as you are :razz:.
Wow, that sounds great! Do you have a dermatologist to recommend for the laser treatment?
Any other folks out there who have had the laser treatment - good or bad experiences?
I'd love to do some type of peel...Thanks for all the info ya'll have posted!