Go back into hiding, GOP begs Dick Cheney

nhboy

Ubi bene ibi patria
"Congressional Republicans are telling Dick Cheney to go back to his undisclosed location and leave them alone to rebuild the Republican Party without his input.

Displeased with the former vice-president's recent media appearances, Republican lawmakers say he's hurting GOP efforts to reinvent itself after back-to-back electoral drubbings.

The veep, who showed a penchant for secrecy during eight years in the White House,has popped up in media interviews to defend the Bush-Cheney record while suggesting that the country is not as safe under President Obama.

Rep. John Duncan Jr. (R-Tenn.) said, “He became so unpopular while he was in the White House that it would probably be better for us politically if he wouldn’t be so public...But he has the right to speak out since he’s a private citizen.”

Another House Republican lawmaker who requested anonymity said he wasn’t surprised that Cheney has strongly criticized Obama early in his term, but argued that it’s not helping the GOP cause.

The legislator said Cheney, whose approval ratings were lower than President Bush’s during the last Congress, didn’t think through the political implications of going after Obama.

Cheney did “House Republicans no favors,” the lawmaker said, adding, “I could never understand him anyway.”

Cheney’s office declined to comment for this article.

TheHill.com - Go back into hiding, GOP begs Dick Cheney

Last edited:

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
"Congressional Republicans are telling Dick Cheney to go back to his undisclosed location and leave them alone to rebuild the Republican Party without his input.

Displeased with the former vice-president's recent media appearances, Republican lawmakers say he's hurting GOP efforts to reinvent itself after back-to-back electoral drubbings.

The veep, who showed a penchant for secrecy during eight years in the White House,has popped up in media interviews to defend the Bush-Cheney record while suggesting that the country is not as safe under President Obama.

Rep. John Duncan Jr. (R-Tenn.) said, “He became so unpopular while he was in the White House that it would probably be better for us politically if he wouldn’t be so public...But he has the right to speak out since he’s a private citizen.”

Another House Republican lawmaker who requested anonymity said he wasn’t surprised that Cheney has strongly criticized Obama early in his term, but argued that it’s not helping the GOP cause.

The legislator said Cheney, whose approval ratings were lower than President Bush’s during the last Congress, didn’t think through the political implications of going after Obama.

Cheney did “House Republicans no favors,” the lawmaker said, adding, “I could never understand him anyway.”

Cheney needs to be quiet now that he's out of office as much as Al Gore has been quiet since 2000. :coffee:

I notice the article is full of anonymous sources - a dead giveaway that there's no one else to quote except a RINO who voted against funding the Iraq war. And this guy from TN holds the seat his father held before him. He's not fit to shine Cheney's shoes.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Cheney was unpopular with liberal Democrats, and I have no idea why the GOP would care what they think, considering they hate all Republicans.

We're being played by the Dems and the media, and people who buy into that garbage are losers.

Larry Gude

Strung Out

Bull####. Bull effing ####. What we're learning is that Dick Cheney never ran the Whitehouse; he served his president as best he could. I've been sick for 6 years as decision after decision that came out of the WH sounded foreign to me if Cheney was in charge.

When someone shows me that it was Cheney's idea to do nothing about oil, to do nothing about housing, to disband the Iraqi army, to de-Baathify, to politicize the war from the get go in A'stan, then I'll agree Cheney was the problem for the GOP and America.

I don't care if he says we ought to put people's children through a blender if it gets their dad to give up information that saves 1,000's of Americans; I'm for that.

So, the myth of Boss Cheney, while convenient for a long time, doesn't hold much water, especially when he couldn't even get Bush to pardon Scooter.

Show me what Cheney did wrong before I'm gonna side with the GOP on anything. The GOP needs to smarten the hell up and start laughing off questions about Limbaugh, Cheney and any other Dem bogeyman. If we're gonna waste time on this nonsense, then ask counter questions about Obama's pals, the ones who say they hate American and have attacked America.

GOP; Grow a spine or go the way of the Whigs.

Last edited:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
The GOP needs to smarten the hell up and start laughing off questions about Limbaugh, Cheney and any other Dem bogeyman.

They're a bunch of spineless cowards who want to make nice with the Left so the media will stop picking on them.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
They're a bunch of spineless cowards who want to make nice with the Left so the media will stop picking on them.

When what you've been doing is NOT working, try something else.

Isn't that what you're supposed to do?

When you do the same thing, over and over, and expect a different result, doesn't that have a name?

Rosehaven

This is a tought room...

Dick Cheney is a patriot who has served a number of presidents as well as the people of Wyoming as their congressman. He has kept America safe because we haven't been attacked by those horrible Iraqis----oh wait, well maybe that was just a little mistake he made.

I hope he keeps talking. Obama needs him. Maybe TruTV will give him a show.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
Cheney was unpopular with liberal Democrats, and I have no idea why the GOP would care what they think, considering they hate all Republicans.

We're being played by the Dems and the media, and people who buy into that garbage are losers.

Bull####. Bull effing ####. What we're learning is that Dick Cheney never ran the Whitehouse; he served his president as best he could. I've been sick for 6 years as decision after decision that came out of the WH sounded foreign to me if Cheney was in charge.

When someone shows me that it was Cheney's idea to do nothing about oil, to do nothing about housing, to disband the Iraqi army, to de-Baathify, to politicize the war from the get go in A'stan, then I'll agree Cheney was the problem for the GOP and America.

I don't care if he says we ought to put people's children through a blender if it gets their dad to give up information that saves 1,000's of Americans; I'm for that.

So, the myth of Boss Cheney, while convenient for a long time, doesn't hold much water, especially when he couldn't even get Bush to pardon Scooter.

Show me what Cheney did wrong before I'm gonna side with the GOP on anything. The GOP needs to smarten the hell up and start laughing off questions about Limbaugh, Cheney and any other Dem bogeyman. If we're gonna waste time on this nonsense, then ask counter questions about Obama's pals, the ones who say they hate American and have attacked America.

GOP; Grow a spine or go the way of the Whigs.

:clap:

I love me some Darth Cheney. I'm a huge fan. :lmao:

I remember back to when Bush selected him as the VP choice. I was scratching my head at first, but then remembered how he was in the past admins and re-researched him. Whoa. I'd forgotten all the positions he'd served.

HE should have been the president, truth be told.