Going Gray

mAlice

professional daydreamer
Has anyone stopped covering gray hair and had their gray blended? Who did you go to? How did you like the results?

mAlice

professional daydreamer
I refer to them as "chrome highlights" and no, I color my hair. Just my two coppers

I've let my roots grow out several inches. The front is completely gray, the further back it becomes a little more salt and pepper, to about 50/50 in the back and less gray underneath. I'd like to find someone who can blend that into what is now dyed brown, and I'm willing to lose 6-8 inches to accomplish this.

Bay_Kat

Tropical
I've let my roots grow out several inches. The front is completely gray, the further back it becomes a little more salt and pepper, to about 50/50 in the back and less gray underneath. I'd like to find someone who can blend that into what is now dyed brown, and I'm willing to lose 6-8 inches to accomplish this.

I just let the gray go, my hair is platinum colored and I call the gray lowlights. :killingme

mAlice

professional daydreamer
I just let the gray go, my hair is platinum colored and I call the gray lowlights. :killingme

My problem is my natural color is several inches long. The rest has been dyed dark brown for the past 13 years. And that has faded to different shades of brown. I need someone to blend that into my natural color.

I'm really hoping someone will come along that has had this done. I've researched it on the inter webs and know it can be done. I just need to find someone locally that can do it.

Bay_Kat

Tropical
My problem is my natural color is several inches long. The rest has been dyed dark brown for the past 13 years. And that has faded to different shades of brown. I need someone to blend that into my natural color.

I'm really hoping someone will come along that has had this done. I've researched it on the inter webs and know it can be done. I just need to find someone locally that can do it.

I've never heard of it, curious now though.

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
Dee at Bella Salon, next to Starbucks. Tell her what you want and she will give you feedback as to what's feasible. She does something with a fancy name chromatrics or something that may be what you are looking for. Anyway, she's a saint and a miracle worker. Reasonable prices for the work that's done. IMO.

Home - Bella Salon in California, MD

b23hqb

PREMO Member
You obviously didn't understand my post.

Uh, I did understand your post that was posted before I responded. Still, just let it go and be natural, and happy with what you have. Hair on the head is good, no matter the color.

Now, if you were talking facial hair......:yahoo:

MarieB

Good luck. I hope you find what you're looking for. Keeping up with it can be expensive

I couldn't go grey. I find that just having roots completely drains all of the color out of my face

mAlice

professional daydreamer
Good luck. I hope you find what you're looking for. Keeping up with it can be expensive

I couldn't go grey. I find that just having roots completely drains all of the color out of my face

Yeah, I get the washed out look, too. I'll have to wear make up every day once I go natural. This pic is kinda' where I am with my gray, only a little darker in the back.

Attachments

• 201201-omag-grey-hair-600x411.jpg
    201201-omag-grey-hair-600x411.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 120
Who do you normally see for your haircuts? Maybe they do what you're looking for, or maybe they have a recommendation of someone else at the salon you go to.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
Oh...yeah that would be a problem.

Might be a long shot but if she worked at a salon around 'home' before she left for Japan, maybe she can recommend someone for you :shrug:

I'm sure she can, but I wanted to ask around first, to see if anyone else had good results with someone. What I'm trying to do is apparently not done very often.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I'm sure she can, but I wanted to ask around first, to see if anyone else had good results with someone. What I'm trying to do is apparently not done very often.

I love my stylist, she does a great job on my hair/highlights. I can give you her number if you are interested.