Going Gray

I'm sure she can, but I wanted to ask around first, to see if anyone else had good results with someone. What I'm trying to do is apparently not done very often.

I'm sure it's done more than SOMD.com's letting on :lol:

I've never had it done but Darlene at The Galleria in Waldorf is really, REALLY good and they offer free consultations.

Radiant1

Soul Probe
Uh, I did understand your post that was posted before I responded. Still, just let it go and be natural, and happy with what you have. Hair on the head is good, no matter the color.

Now, if you were talking facial hair......:yahoo:

I think what she's looking for is a blend as the rest of the gray grows out in order to make it a smooth transition instead of having brown at the tips while it grows out at the roots like a major color block. The goal to eventually be natural.

mAlice, I have the same as you and even though I'm not ready to grow my gray out yet, I've often wondered how this can be done. Please follow up on this thread and let us know who you went to, how they went about it, and if it worked for you.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
I think what she's looking for is a blend as the rest of the gray grows out in order to make it a smooth transition instead of having brown at the tips while it grows out at the roots like a major color block. The goal to eventually be natural.

mAlice, I have the same as you and even though I'm not ready to grow my gray out yet, I've often wondered how this can be done. Please follow up on this thread and let us know who you went to, how they went about it, and if it worked for you.

I'm so glad you get it. I'll post after I've had it done, if I find someone that can do it.

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
Admitted what? :confused:

Dee at Bella does it using a process with a fancy name that I can't quite remember that sounds similiar to chromatrics. It's not highlights, lowlights or dye jobs or whatever else everybody has come up with.

I'm not a hair stylist. That's why I said you need to talk to her. I'm sure it depends on what you want and what can be done. Basically your dark brown hair with grey will become light brown with grey streaks and you may need it done more than once before the grey takes over and the light brown washes out gradually. Depends on how your hair grows. Or you may decide you don't like your grey at all before your next appointment. I have a halo of grey. I thought I'd look cool but I didn't. :lol: I looked like I was going to die any day. That may be true I but I didn't like staring death in the face.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
Dee at Bella does it using a process with a fancy name that I can't quite remember that sounds similiar to chromatrics. It's not highlights, lowlights or dye jobs or whatever else everybody has come up with.

I'm not a hair stylist. That's why I said you need to talk to her. I'm sure it depends on what you want and what can be done. Basically your dark brown hair with grey will become light brown with grey streaks and you may need it done more than once before the grey takes over and the light brown washes out gradually. Depends on how your hair grows. Or you may decide you don't like your grey at all before your next appointment. I have a halo of grey. I thought I'd look cool but I didn't. :lol: I looked like I was going to die any day. That may be true I but I didn't like staring death in the face.

Thanks. I had no idea what your post was in response to.