Golf school

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
As a gift for our anniversary, my wife is sending me to a 3 day golf school in Myrtle Beach. :yahoo: Maybe this will be the excuse I need to get some new clubs and play more. :evil: Let me see, do I want to go the Taylor Made RAC OS w/ the R7 driver or Cobra 3400 route, decisions, decisions. :lmao:

Otter

Nothing to see here
kom526 said:
As a gift for our anniversary, my wife is sending me to a 3 day golf school in Myrtle Beach. :yahoo: Maybe this will be the excuse I need to get some new clubs and play more. :evil: Let me see, do I want to go the Taylor Made RAC OS w/ the R7 driver or Cobra 3400 route, decisions, decisions. :lmao:

:yay: nice gift

Agee

Take lots of notes, we'll expect a detailed post when you return. Great gift indeed :yay:

mv_princess

mv = margaritaville
There is another Golf school in Williamsburg, on the PGA course...where they give you golf clubs too.........

kom526

mv_princess said:
There is another Golf school in Williamsburg, on the PGA course...where they give you golf clubs too.........
I'm going in August, when the whole family goes down for vacation. 3 days, 4 hrs a day for $399 with a 3:1 student teacher ratio. After my lessons I have over 100 courses for "practical application". :lmao:

On the club front I think I have decided on Macgregor M565 V Foils, a forged cavity back that really feels good through the entire swing. It feels a little heavier through the swing than the TaylorMade (OS & HT) but with my swing speed, I don't think it'll cause a problem. I'm picking the clubs up this weekend from 2Golf. They are used (1 round) and 2Golf will bend the shafts (I'm -1 lie) if I feel it is necessary. Another big selling point about 2Golf, they are giving me a $155.00 credit for my old KCII's.:yay:

Last edited:

kom526

Picked up my new sticks on Friday and broke them in on Sunday at Breton Bay. I am 5-10 yds longer with the V Foils, but I still lack consistency. I did lose several strokes by only having a PW and no SW. I'm going to pickup a SW this week and go out again next weekend. I did pull a major nono and tried to tinker with my swing in the middle of my round.:doh: I did manage to hit my driver much better after the tuning, but it hurt me in the iron dept. I have yet to see anyone who has mastered the game, that is why we play.

Nupe2

kom526 said:
I did pull a major nono and tried to tinker with my swing in the middle of my round.:doh:

Did the same thing at Renditions yesterday. Let me know how your lessons go. I played one of my worst rounds in a while yesterday but I had fun....that's why we play (or we're just masochists who'll do anything rather than mow the lawn)!

kom526

Nupe2 said:
Did the same thing at Renditions yesterday. Let me know how your lessons go. I played one of my worst rounds in a while yesterday but I had fun....that's why we play (or we're just masochists who'll do anything rather than mow the lawn)!
I fired a 103...:ohwell: The last time I played I shot a 110. I am having serious problems with my alignment right now and the par 3's KILLED me (+7). I think I was over swinging and ended up pulling everything to the left. I tried to get 207 out of my 4I when I know that I need to use the 3 and swing it smooth. I think I am going to hit Wicomico this weekend, Breton Bay @ $45 a round is a bit steep for every weekend play, but the course is in great shape.

Nupe2

kom526 said:
I fired a 103...:ohwell: The last time I played I shot a 110. I am having serious problems with my alignment right now and the par 3's KILLED me (+7). I think I was over swinging and ended up pulling everything to the left. I tried to get 207 out of my 4I when I know that I need to use the 3 and swing it smooth. I think I am going to hit Wicomico this weekend, Breton Bay @ $45 a round is a bit steep for every weekend play, but the course is in great shape.

Let me know if you're thinking about playing on Sunday. I have another comittment on Saturday but Sunday might work. I also need some "home cooking" of Wicomico Shores. Maybe I can bring my scores down a little. The recent "tour" in Delaware and Renditions has been brutal on my average.

How were the back nine at Breton Bay? I've only played 18 there once and the front nine seemed to be in better shape.

Pete

Repete
Nupe2 said:
Stop complaining....I'd kill for an 86. :yay:
Last week I was complaining with a 98, this week I was somewhat happy. I have had trouble with the last 3 holes last few times out.

Saturday I was +4 on the front, the wheels came off the bus half way through the back ending +10. It is coming around, I need to get better chipping. Chipping to 5 feet instead of 15 feet will help take off 5 or 6 strokes.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
So...

Pete said:
Otter and I played Saturday. The weasel hit an 84, I shot and 86.

...you played with an otter, a weasel and yourself. Who was your fourth?

Who wants an azz whippin? I think I'm coming down this weekend.

Pete

Repete
Larry Gude said:
...you played with an otter, a weasel and yourself. Who was your fourth?

Who wants an azz whippin? I think I'm coming down this weekend.
Otter is the weasel. He has been waxing me pretty good lately. Last 2 times out I have closed the gap.

Bring your bad self on down.........I'll be your huckleberry. :lmao:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Two points...

Pete said:
Otter is the weasel. He has been waxing me pretty good lately. Last 2 times out I have closed the gap.

Bring your bad self on down.........I'll be your huckleberry. :lmao:

1. I got all day Saturday, pretty much. Friday afternoon is a possibility. Sunday AM is good. Any or all of these sounds good to me.

2. How can a weasel be an otter?

3. If you guys shot 84-86, how'd the back nine go?

Pete

Repete
Larry Gude said:
1. I got all day Saturday, pretty much. Friday afternoon is a possibility. Sunday AM is good. Any or all of these sounds good to me.

2. How can a weasel be an otter?

3. If you guys shot 84-86, how'd the back nine go?
Otter has the score card. He was carrying it around in his pocket for 2 days. :whistle:

So we are playing Friday afternoon, Saturday morning and Sunday morning? where do you want to play?

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Allow me to re-phrase...

Pete said:
Otter has the score card. He was carrying it around in his pocket for 2 days. :whistle:

So we are playing Friday afternoon, Saturday morning and Sunday morning? where do you want to play?

...Friday may be pushing it, but we might get out of here in time, so, call that a maybe.

Saturday and Sunday AM are both open.

I liked the base course. What are the other options that y'all would be interested in?

Pete

Repete
Larry Gude said:
...Friday may be pushing it, but we might get out of here in time, so, call that a maybe.

Saturday and Sunday AM are both open.

I liked the base course. What are the other options that y'all would be interested in?
Chesapeake Hills is fine too.