Golf

Mabus

Free Rent
Been shooting various courses over the past few days, doing 36 today (on a lunch break now). Broke 90 this morning, chipped in twice, and sunk about a 30' putt. Hope the back 18 is just as good.

PsyOps

Pixelated
Some of us need a thread to commiserate about our golf games. I hadn't played much last year or this past winter, but I'm starting to play a little more now. I love to hate this game, or maybe I hate to love it - it can be quite frustrating.

I'm currently crushing my 3-wood off the tee and sticking the majority of my irons, but I can't putt to save my life. I had 8 3-putts in one round last week and shot 81. I was quite pleased with my game and quite infuriated with it at the same time. I suspect that, by the end of the summer, I'll be putting lights out but will have completely lost my distance control with the irons.

This should make you feel better :poorbaby:

My ball striking has, for the most part, left me. I can't keep the driver in play and I'm even struggling off the tee with the 3-wood. Distance control with the irons isn't too bad, but I'm not hitting much on line or even close to on line. I've been hitting maybe 3 or 4 quality (full) shots per round. But, I'm suddenly getting most everything up and down. So I'm shooting about the same - the last 5 rounds have been between 78 and 83 - but I'm doing it in a very different way. I'm having to work for every score I make. I do sooooo love this game.

Mabus

Free Rent
How is Chesapeake Hills (or whatever) in Lusby? Considering shooting it in a week on my way to a meeting.

How is Chesapeake Hills (or whatever) in Lusby? Considering shooting it in a week on my way to a meeting.

I haven't played it in several years. My recollection is that the last comment I heard about it (i.e. from someone who had played it recently) was generally positive.

Mabus

Free Rent
Chesapeake Hills looked like absolute rubbish. If I had to describe it, "twice-baked greens" would be one comment. One par 3 on the back (shooting over water) the green was drenched and spongy. Gas carts blow. Course is too much like Rock Creek in DC. And the stench of the Ranch Club makes this course unplayable. A ####ty deal for $36. Will not be back.

Chesapeake Hills looked like absolute rubbish. If I had to describe it, "twice-baked greens" would be one comment. One par 3 on the back (shooting over water) the green was drenched and spongy. Gas carts blow. Course is too much like Rock Creek in DC. And the stench of the Ranch Club makes this course unplayable. A ####ty deal for $36. Will not be back.

I never really liked that course myself, that's one of the reasons I haven't played there in a long time.

I played at Swan Point yesterday. The fairways are in great shape, but they have some issues on the greens.

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
Played a couple of rounds in Myrtle this year (Tidewater and The Farmstead :yay::yay:) struggled a fair bit since I don't play as much as I'd like but got it somewhat together on the back 9 of the last day. I think I may have found my groove with the driver again (250 + gentle draw) but the irons were a debacle. Greens were as slick and fast as could be but was putting lights out. Go figure.

I'm in a tourney in a couple of weeks so hopefully the driver and putter stays with me.