Gonna be exciting.......

glhs837

Power with Control
Thank you! This is the one we had up yesterday waiting for the launch but I couldn't remember the name of it.

Current live stream:

Acutally, after watching both for a while, I'm preferring the NSF feed, they just pointed out that the Temporary Flight REstriction has been activated, further indicating intent to light this candle.

glhs837

Power with Control
Yeah, sometime "soon" assuming there's not another scrub............ pins and needles.........

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
4:40 CST is the new projection.

I rushed to the grocery store, and rushed back so I wouldn't miss it.....then they pushed it back another hour. :lol:

glhs837

Power with Control
4:40 CST is the new projection.

I rushed to the grocery store, and rushed back so I wouldn't miss it.....then they pushed it back another hour. :lol:

Yep, managed the dogs evening feeding and walks around this :) Shoulda seen me when the SpaceX feed went live, I had given up on them doing a stream and flipped the huge screen over to NASASpaceFlight, and then with tow minutes to go I'm desperately trying to get the SpaceX feed back up..... I'm not going to not see those inside the skirt shots on my laptop.......

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
Ouch. :ohwell: Looked like everything went terrific, and when it went inverted to land, I was thinking, wow , just like the movies in the 40s and 50s! And then the realization of ground proximity.....

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
That was really cool! We could see it lift off, tracking it up up up, it disappeared, and then we saw it coming back down. Looked like it was coming in too fast and then it righted itself and TOUCH......BOOM! It shook the deck and we're probably 5 miles across the South Bay.

glhs837

Power with Control
Space X seems to consider it a success.

Certainly was a success. They were trying three main things never done before. They accomplished 2.9 of those. If that second engine had stayed lit at the end, it would have landed. The next rocket is literally already built and ready to fly. So it was a success since they will figure out the issue with landing and fix that.

stgislander

PREMO Member
Certainly was a success. They were trying three main things never done before. They accomplished 2.9 of those. If that second engine had stayed lit at the end, it would have landed. The next rocket is literally already built and ready to fly. So it was a success since they will figure out the issue with landing and fix that.
And they are saying when it did hit, it hit the smack center of the landing pad.

glhs837

Power with Control
This video highlights one of the three main things, the transition from upward flight to a stable freefall. Note those RCS thrusters in the nose helping set the roll so the flaps were set up for success.