Good authors

frequentflier

happy to be living
Looking for some good books; preferably a series with same characters. My favorite author is Tami Hoag and recently I read a lot of Karin Slaughter. I also like Grisham. In the past, I read Kellerman, Patterson, Martini but I am looking for someone new! So does anyone have recommendations for some good murder mysteries authors?
I love to get my nose deep into a book and have made it a priority to make the time to read!
Thanks!

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
You can't go wrong with the classics like Agatha Christie (Miss Marple, Hercule Poirot) or Arthur Conan Doyle (Sherlock Holmes). A contemporary favorite is Michael Connelly (Harry Bosch, Terry McCaleb) . Others I have read and enjoyed are Scott Turow (Kindle County Legal Thriller), P.D. James (Adam Dalgliesh), and Elizabeth George (Inspector Lynley).

I do like Lisa Jackson, too. She has series based on places rather than characters: New Orleans, San Fran, Northwest. For lighthearted mystery reading, I love Lilian Jackson Braun and her "The Cat Who..." series or Janet Evanovich (Stephanie Plum).

I use www.goodreads.com to track what I've read and find suggestions on new books.

Bobwhite

Looking for some good books; preferably a series with same characters. My favorite author is Tami Hoag and recently I read a lot of Karin Slaughter. I also like Grisham. In the past, I read Kellerman, Patterson, Martini but I am looking for someone new! So does anyone have recommendations for some good murder mysteries authors?
I love to get my nose deep into a book and have made it a priority to make the time to read!
Thanks!
For murder mysteries, Agatha Christie.
If you want a break from murder mysteries, Bodie and Brock Thoene have several series on WWII historical fiction that are excellent.
Lucia St. Clair Robson writes American historical fiction - Ride the Wind and there is one titled Mary's Land about the settling of what is now Maryland.

catlingirl

The Krewe Hunters series by Heather Graham is really good. Its about a special FBI team that sees and talks to ghosts and they get help solving mysteries. Kind of like Ghost Whisper but better. Cleo Coyle is pretty good also.

frequentflier

happy to be living
Thanks everyone. I went on good reads as suggested by jazz lady. I am heading to the library to look into Tess Gerritson, Iris Johansen and Allison Brennan. They all sound like they're up my alley! I will look at all the suggestions above as well.