Good chinese restaurant in Charles or St. Marys?

K

Kizzy

Did you end up at the new place, the Old Chesapeake Bay Seafood House? Just wondering how the new location is working out. I take it that the owners are the same ones that own the one next to PetsMart or is it PetSmart :razz: I've never gotten that right.

marianne

Kizzy said:
Did you end up at the new place, the Old Chesapeake Bay Seafood House? Just wondering how the new location is working out. I take it that the owners are the same ones that own the one next to PetsMart or is it PetSmart :razz: I've never gotten that right.

Yes, we did end up there - although we almost didn't make it. Two weeks ago I had heard Sakura's moved but then duly forgot. I happened to see Sakura's last night while driving to Sakura's. I said to my husband "What is Sakura's doing over there? It's not supposed to be there." Likewise my husband said, "It can't be the same restaurant, must be a different place." It took a minute for my memory to join the rest of my brain and we turned around. :whack:

The new place is awesome. MUCH bigger palce with LOTSA room. The hardwood floors look great (I don't know why I noticed something like flooring). There's a large sushi bar on one end and probably a dozen tables on the other end. I believe it's the same owners but am not sure.

Magnum

Should be Huntin
Kizzy said:

New place is great, It has a section with smaller tables so you don't have to sit in the big group.

lmwelch

I'm taking a few people out for chinese food tonight. Anyone know of a particularly good chinese restaurant in Charles or St. Mary's counties? There are a couple chinese restaurants in/by La Plata but they all taste the same to me.

I have the same question as the OP but this thread is so old I'm wondering if there are some new recommendations (especially in Charles County)? We like to order carry-out every now and then and our old standby (Golden Star in Bryans Road) just isn't very good anymore -- new owners/cook I think. Looking for a new place. TIA!

General Lee

The name escapes me, but head to waldorf and on St. Charles Parkway in the area across from the BJ's there is a decent chinese restaurant. Its not a buffet and has sushi.

SandieGarry

The name escapes me, but head to waldorf and on St. Charles Parkway in the area across from the BJ's there is a decent chinese restaurant. Its not a buffet and has sushi.

Szechuan Garden is the name. They have excellent food. I used to stop and get take out and for some reason, the take out wasn't as good as the dine in. I certainly recommend it. Also, if you prefer, try Genghis Grill, where the old chuck e cheese was, next to Chili's. You get to make your own stir fry. I suggest to always order the large bowl, you can take home what you don't eat.

lmwelch

Szechuan Garden is the name. They have excellent food. I used to stop and get take out and for some reason, the take out wasn't as good as the dine in. I certainly recommend it. Also, if you prefer, try Genghis Grill, where the old chuck e cheese was, next to Chili's. You get to make your own stir fry. I suggest to always order the large bowl, you can take home what you don't eat.

Thank you!