Good Chiropractor

lizzybeans

I am suffering from sciatica and wondering if anyone has recommendations for a good chiro. I prefer a female chiro, but if they're really great, I'm not going to be picky. I live in Lexington Park and prefer not to have to travel too far. Thanks!

checkingthenews

C'mon...Smile!
I am suffering from sciatica and wondering if anyone has recommendations for a good chiro. I prefer a female chiro, but if they're really great, I'm not going to be picky. I live in Lexington Park and prefer not to have to travel too far. Thanks!

Dr. Veena Doyle!!!located off rt. 210, 301-292-1960 I believe. She's awesome.

aubriana

Dr. Hester!!

t3a2h4

They are "Doctors of Chiropractic", but they are not MDs or Physicians. Most have not attended nor graduated from a Med School.

No they are not MDs or Physicians, but they go to school longer than MDs and also know how to read an x-ray with much more detail and education then a MD can! They can catch a lot of things that MDs and Physicians have failed to see. I would suggest Dr. Smallwood from Alexander Chiropractic!

SamIam2You

You should be picky. Just like other Docs they are not not all the same. I used to see Dr Murry and loved him. He stopped seeing patients and it took me several tries before finding another one I liked as well. I now see Dr Winters in Leonardtown.

smilin

BOXER NATION
No they are not MDs or Physicians, but they go to school longer than MDs and also know how to read an x-ray with much more detail and education then a MD can! They can catch a lot of things that MDs and Physicians have failed to see. I would suggest Dr. Smallwood from Alexander Chiropractic!

Thanks, I was going to correct that misconception, but you beat me to it!

Dr. Grimsley at Henry Chiro is the one we go to - especially for sciatica. He has treated everyone from my son (started at six years old) all the way to his 86 yo Grand Mother.

:coffee:

itsbob

I bowl overhand

You're somewhat right, but a lot more wrong.

Radiologists are MD's, and Chiropractors are not as trained, nor as capable..

Neurologists are MD's and refer to Radiologists to read X-rays correctly, can prescribe MRIs and CAT scans. In the end a Neurologist, if they do their job, will not see you again. You should never have a reason to continue to see a surgeon, neurologist, or orthopedist once week or every other week years on end.

So over all, they may say they are better trained in SOME ares than general practioners, but when you compare apples to apples there really is NO comparison.

But it's your body. You can chose to feel good a day or two, and go back week after week for adjustments, or you can go to a real doctor and get cured, and hopefully ALWAYS feel better, for a lifetime. Most people come to this realization, it just takes some longer than others.

Wenchy

Hot Flash
Valpak had a coupon today for Alexander Chiropractic Center. $37 for a consultation, examination, report of findings and all necessary x-rays.

I made an appointment and will post about the experience.

I have my fingers crossed that it will be all good.

Bonehead

I have to recommend Dr. Hester

He is at Henry Chiropractic. To break the sciatic pain cycle I had to have a cortisone shot in my periformis (sp) muscle. It turned the pain of like a light switch. Which he referred me to.

I know sciatic nerve issues are very painful.

Dr. Hester is amazing though many hours of study beyond the normal Doctorate of Chiropractic medicine.

Just my experience.

Pain free now for over a year.